The Parent Talk - Part 41

Dianne's PoV
We had been home for a few days now and the Jet-lag had finally died down so we could enjoy ourselves. I was planning on taking Joe around all my childhood hangouts and then to the beach but we woke up really late. Maybe the jet-lag still hadn't died down completely. I woke up in Joes arms and saw the sun shining on us. I checked my phone and it said 2pm. I quickly jumped out of bed and shook Joe awake.
"Joe, Joseph. Wake up!" I said whilst shaking him.
"What. What's the time?"
"2pm!"
"You what?!"
"Come on get up"
"Di calm down. What's the big deal. You still get to see your family you're not missing anything"
"I know. But what if they think we are awake and they think we're just staying away?"
"Why would they think that Dianne and as well I'm sure someone cane to check on you and saw us still asleep. It's fine. Come here". I walked into Joes open arms and snuggled into his chest. I don't know why but after waking up late I felt really sad and clingy all of a sudden. "Hey. Come on. I know you wanted to show me around your home town and we've still got time. I'm going to have a quick shower. You say hello to your family and then I will come make you some food while you get ready. Sound good?" I nodded my head and turned towards the door. As soon as I walked into the kitchen my mum spun around and laughed.
"Afternoon sleepyhead. Is Joe awake?"
"In the shower"
"Ah good"
"Huh?"
"Me and your dad wanted to speak to you about him"
"I'm not breaking up with him. Everyone loves him. I love him"
"Woah woah. Calm down. Come over here a minute". I nodded and went and sat down in front of my mum and dad.
"So Dot. You really like him?" My dad asked.
"I love him. No one has ever made me feel like this before"
"Good. We think he is really something special and we're happy you are happy"
"Thanks"

Joes PoV
I got out the shower and got dressed quickly before heading downstairs just as I got downstairs I heard Dianne telling her parents she loved me. Just after my heart melted when her mum said.
"We really like Joe dot. He's a keeper and we want to talk to him but we really hope he sticks around". Dianne didn't say anything so I just waited a second before walking in and kissing Dianne's head. I saw her parents look at each other and smile.
"Afternoon all. Sorry we slept in, I guess we've still got a bit of jet-lag left in us. Do the shower is free now if you want to get ready and I'll make you some food"
"Thanks Joseph. Mum, Dad be nice to him while I'm gone". All four of us laughed and then Dianne went to have a shower.
"So, would you guys want anything to eat?"
"How about we take you and Dot out for something to eat. I know she wants to take you round the town so maybe we could come with and then you two go off if you want to"
"Sure that sounds great. Do you mind if I get a drink?"
"Yes thats fine Joe. Make yourself at home" Mark said.
"Thanks. Do you guys want one?" I chuckled.
"No thank you Joseph. Could we have a quick chat with you though?"
"Yep absolutely". Oh god. The parents talk with me. What I had been dreading my whole life.
"So. You make our daughter very happy Joe"
"I'm glad to hear it. I'd do anything for her"
"How about break her heart?"
"Excuse me?"
"You said you would do anything for her so lets say something happened which would put her in danger or something and she had the choice to break up with you or risk something. Would you do it?"
"No! Absolutely not! I love her and even if her life was risks I would do anything to protect her. I would never let her chose to break up with me for something like that because I would never let it happen"
"Good answer" mark said.
"Huh?"
"We've only met one of Dianne's boyfriends before and although he was helpful around the house he was an arrogant twat. In that situation I just gave you he would be the one to put Dianne in danger. After that answer of yours we are 100% sure we can trust you with our daughter". I smiled to myself before they carried on. "Now this may be very personal. But are you being careful? You know. With that?" He gestured with his hands.
"Um. Uh"
"Just say yes or no"
"Yes"
"Good. You're young. Do all you like but please be careful, although we would love a grandchild we don't want you to put yourselves and your future in jeopardy"
"Of course. We are safe. You have nothing to worry about"
"Good. Sorry that must have been a really weird talk to have with us"
"No not at all. St first I thought you was going to offer money for me to break up with her which I would have declined but yeah. That was. Odd" I laughed. Then we heard footsteps coming down the stairs. I stood up and opened my arms for Dianne and she came running into them.
"Where's the food?"
"We're being taken out by your parents"
"Ah thanks guys. Come on then lets go Joseph!"

A/N
I know I said to a few people the next chapter for the books would be out at the weekend. I'm really sorry. I had to go holiday shopping and the. I've been off sick for the past 2 days so I haven't had the energy to write. Really sorry, anyway hope you enjoyed xx