Our Chance - Part 18

I've decided that in this book I will start doing some shoutouts to books I enjoy or accounts that have supported me through both my books so if you want a shoutout don't forget to vote and comment! Hope you enjoy this chapter xx

Joes PoV
We got back to my dorm and as usual Caspar was no where to be seen. He's been with his girlfriend a lot recently. Leaving me alone, especially after these few days of not being with Dianne. I really missed her but I don't know. I want to be with her but this whole situation is making me doubtful because you don't just say you like someone and then feel like you like someone else. We need to talk. Dianne said she wanted a shower so I let her borrow some of my clothes while I cooked us some dinner.

Dianne came out of my room, fully dressed in my clothes. She looked amazing and so cute in my clothes. All I wanted to do was snuggle up to her but I knew we had to talk. I placed her plate of food in front of her and we both sat eating in silence. It wasn't a comfortable silence. But it wasn't awkward either. I've never had these feelings before.
We soon finished our food and I took our plates to the sink and left them there while we talked.
"Dianne"
"No Joe. Please let me talk first?"
"Okay"
"Right. I know how it looks. I know I shouldn't have even been thinking about Charlie like that. It's just. I haven't had the best track record with relationships and when I see myself falling for someone. I back out" she paused for a moment and looked down. "When Andrew cane, my brother, he told me that I was being stupid and even though he hadn't met you yet he knew that you made me happy. He told me to say no to Charlie, as I told you he asked me out, I went to say no and then he started kissing me and wouldn't get off of me. I didn't know what to do but when I saw you walking away, a little piece of me broke. I felt lost all over again. I moved here not only because I wanted the opportunities, but because I wanted a chance with someone who wouldn't mess me around. I'm so sorry. I just. I don't want to lose you. Please let this be our chance?" I sat there for a few minutes just taking in everything she just said. It meant so much that she wanted us to happen. And my heart melted at the fact that she knew she shouldn't have told me she liked me then 'felt' the same for someone else. I couldn't just sit there anymore. I had to say something. I haven't made up my mind. But I do know I want her in my life.
"Di, would you like to go on a date with me?"
"What?"
"Do you want to go out with me?"
"Of course I do but Joe?"
"Dianne. I want to be with you. I said a few things to you because I was jealous. And now I feel terrible because you didn't mean to do anything. I really like you and I can't lose you. I want this to be our chance. So let's make it happen" I saw a smile appear on her face and before she could say anything else i added "and whether you want to be my girlfriend now or whenever. I don't mind. I just want to make memories with you, and that's why I'm going to be your dance partner. I'll quit my thatching course and join your course. I already know most of what they are teaching and I can just go to my uncle. I want to learn how to dance. With you. Please?" She didn't say anything, she just jumped up and pounced on me. She smiled into my eyes and started kissing me. On one hand I didn't want this to go too far because I wanted our time to be special but on the other hand I wanted it to happen. I wasn't going to let it go too far though because we had only just made up and that would be kind of wrong. I wanted to make my first time, ever, special, it may not be her first time, but for me I think I've finally found the person I want to lose my virginity too. I've waited long enough for the right girl, now I just need to wait for the right time. I pulled away from the kiss and snuggled her into me whilst whispering into her ear.
"Di, not now. This is our chance to make it special. I don't want my first to be after an argument". She looked shocked at the fact it was my first. But she nodded and we started watching Flushed Away. A few minutes into the film she leant up and whispered into my ear.
"I want my first to be special too and now it will be because of you". What? She said she had relationships before? But she didn't sleep with them? Maybe she is the right girl for me?

A/N
So, I would never keep Joanne apart for too long. Anyone notice the reason why i used Flushed Away? Comment or vote if you did. And honestly thank you all so much for the support, it means so much to me and please if you have any ideas or requests then please comment them and I will try and merge them into the story. Don't be shy, I will take everything on board!
Also I know I've mentioned this before but please go check out my new account with my friend, if you like HP and FB. It would means so much. Thank you xx

843 words if anyone was interested 😂

First shoutout
JoanneSuggwell2729