Ch. 20- Get in Losers, We're Going Shopping Pt. 2

Bakugou's POV

"I still can't fucking believe you dragged me out here..."

"Kats... No matter what you think, we need this... Especially you, with what we've been through..." Eiji squeezes my hand a bit tighter, a wavering smile on his face and a friendly but worried glint in his eye. Is he pitying me??

"I'm fucking fine Ei, you don't need to worry... or pity me..." I spat out the last bit as a mutter under my breath. But rather than backing down, Ei gripped my hand tighter.

"Katsuki, I'm sorry, but you look like you literally crawled out of hell. Also, you can't even look at fire without freaking out! You think I haven't noticed how panicked you get?? You're trying your hardest to be a hero, but now you can barely even look at your quirk without seizing up!" He says sternly right next to me, stroking the huge ass scar that is my arm.

"I do no-!" I start but before I can finish, out of the corner of my eye I see the roaring flame of a hibachi display through a restaurant window. The flames grow taller... and taller... people are yelling and cheering and it's so much... the loud ringing starts, my throats all clogged up and everything runs cold and tense. I'm frozen, and shaking.

"Katsuki... Katsuki hey..." my head snaps next to me to see a blurry Eijirou. Whether he was blurry because my eyes were teary, or because I was slowly losing consciousness, I couldn't tell. Before I could even process, I was being led over to... somewhere, then we sat down, and my head was laid across probably Eiji's lap.

He stroked my hair gently and whispered to me... they were too incoherent to make out, but it was still soothing.

Breathe... breathe...

After a little while (I have no idea how long) of just breathing and Eijirou comforting me, my vision clears up, and my throat empties. I take a large gasp of breath in, feeling like I almost drowned.

"Are you okay Katsu?" Eijirou says softly while looking down at me. I wipe my eyes and look up at him, embarrassed.

"Yeah... I'm fucking... ok.." I look off to the side, absentmindedly rubbing at my completely charred arm and reminding myself of the attack that night. I feel Eijirou's soft and warm hand intertwine with my own to stop me.

"It's ok if you feel vulnerable."

"...it's not... it's really fucking not. I'm supposed to be the strongest fucking one in our class! Now look at me! I'm goddamn pathetic!" I start to yell to the side, my voice breaking slightly and my eyes started to sting, tears threatening to fall. But, Eijirou just moves my head to look at him with his other hand, revealing that he was smiling warmly down at me.

"See? I told you we needed to take your mind off of this." He chuckled.

"Fuck. Off."

"Sorry, Sorry, but really... we should really go! It can be like... our first unofficial date!"

"With everyone else there??"

"...I can tell all of them to leave us alone for the night...?"

"...they'd probably listen to you... fuckin morons..." I sigh.