Ch. 22- Cat Cafés and Crippling Crushes

Shinsou's POV

Before I could even think, my legs were quickly carrying me into the cat café. I heard a couple voices behind me as I ran, but goddammit all I wanted to see right now was the cats. But, I'm not a completely reckless, I have like 2.3% common sense up here in this rotted brain, so I reserved our table first.

I sped over to the front counter and stopped abruptly in front of it, startling the cashier at the desk. She jumped slightly but recovered quickly and faced towards me with a smile on her face. I was kind of surprised as I looked around inside the café and saw there were... quite a few people. I mean, of course it was going to be busy, who doesn't love cats? But gee.

"Hey! Sorry, you startled me, so you need to be seated?" She says cheerfully.

"Hello, sorry for scaring you and yes I do. Do you have a table for... 22 people? Or two tables you could put together..?" I ask a little nervously, now noticing just how ridiculous the request sounded. She literally did the 'blinking white guy' meme at me, looking up from her writing pad on the desk completely shocked.

"Um... yes, we currently have an entire vacant party section with two 12 seater tables. We can put them together for you, no problem!" She says quickly.

"Would you also like extra cats-?"
"Yes."

She laughs a little at my quick response before writing for a while on the pad, then grabbing 22 menus and telling me to follow her to the room. I nod quickly and follow as she walks.

"The rest of your party is showing up soon, yes?" She says, still looking ahead of herself. I say a quick "Yep." As she leads me to a large room all the way in the back. I feel tons of eyes on me as we walk, making my anxiety spike the more steps I took. The more anxious I felt myself get, the more I remembered from earlier with Takachi. What if she finds a way to get to me at the dance? What if I'm completely alone by the end of it? She seems kind of aggressive, would she hurt me or anyone else? Is she that vengeful??? Wh-

"Here we are, sir!" She says with a regular bright tone while setting down the menus in front of each of the seats from both of the two, large tables. I shake my head slightly to momentarily be rid of my thoughts and to focus on reality. All I do is give her a small smile and a nod as thanks, she smiles and nods back, walking out of the room back to her station.

I let out a held breath and sit down on a floor seat closer to the middle. I take a couple breaths to calm myself down.

This is a cat café. You're with all your friends and crush. You're safe and fine.

I officiated to myself that I was okay, and slowly felt all the troubles from before melt away, then, suddenly, CATS!

A whole herd of them just ran in from the door. Ginger cats, black cats, white cats, and, my favorite, munchkin cats.

As soon as I saw all the little munchkin cats wobble in on their little stubby feetsies like seesaws, I knew today was the day I would die.

"You're welcome!" The worker girl from before waves at me.

"YOU'RE AN ANGEL!" I say while scooping up one of the cats and letting them lay in my lap.

"I know, but thank you!" She smiles and walks out once more. I think she was sent to bless me, honestly she probably is an actual angel.