Ch. 57- When a Tiger Boy Gives You Arm Slings

Sero's POV

I woke up barely a minute later from the sounds of screaming and yelling. It felt as if I was out of my own body, like I was staring at the scene around me through brightened eyelids; unable to make out faces and details, but silouhettes seen through a blinding light.

Only one thought had crossed my mind...

Is this how Alligators feel?

"Are they waking up? Oh- Dark Shadow! Is Tokoyami okay?!?!"

"He's alright! Although he was injured, I took most of the hit!!"

"Oh- are you okay then!?"

"I don't feel pain! I have no nerves, so the only time I really feel it is when light hits me because it rips my body to shreds!"

"...oh!"

"Hitoshi and Bakugou are still asleep, but their breathing is completely even! I see a few broken bones on their left side, though!"

"Those can be fixed by Recovery Girl, no problem. We just need a way to get back to UA first. Sero should be fine as well even though he took the worst of it."

"Geez the openings in his elbows went from slight slits to gaping holes..."

"He's losing blood, but not at an alarming rate. Wish he was awake, though... he could make splints for the other three and Kaminari."

"I'm alright, Shouji! Really!!"

"Kaminari Denki, the side of your face is fractured, there's glass sticking out of your broken deltoid muscle, and you can see the fractured bones in your face nearly puncturing your eye."

"Dude, doesn't it hurt to blink?!"

"..yep!"

"I'll stick one of my jacks into your body, Kami. The sound vibrations create friction with the air inside you to create heat. It'll basically feel like a whole heating pad is inside your body.. but there'll be a pinch when it penetrates the skin."

"Jirou, it's fine! It hurts less than it looks!"

"..that's because of the adrenline coursing through your veins, but alright. Tell me when the pain becomes unbearable."

"Yep!"

When it felt as if my soul had returned to my body, I opened my eyes slowly and looked above me. I was laying on a small floor mattress by the side of the road, so luckily I didn't feel the conducted heat from the asphalt anymore.

I painfully turned my head to the side to look at those sleeping next to me. Tokoyami looked relatively ok, Shinsou was a little bloody and you could see his arm was slightly bent out of shape, and Bakugou's entire left side was covered in bruises, as well as blood caking and running down his side.

The splitting pain in my elbows was nearly unbearable, but I managed to keep silent even as tears gathered in my eyes.

What I'm really concerned about is how we're blocking the road for all of these people... some of them must have really important places to go.