Chapter 16: Rise Of The Devourer

Song Quote: Deja Vu
"Save the future Into the present See my past feels In the distance Try to guess now What's going on And the band begins to play. Don't you see my Commission? The Picture? There's come and running again, Can't you see now Emotions Riding into your mind..."
~~~

Your Pov:
The Destiny's Bounty lurched rocking from each side as it flew through the storm. Rain poured down on the vessel as lightning boomed illuminating the dark sky.

You sat on the floor of the dining room next to the open door. Half inside the warm dry room, other half outside embracing the chilling wind. Perfect equilibrium.

"Uh (Y/n) you know you can come in right?" Kai asked raising an eyebrow as he sat with the Fangblades laid out in front of him on the long table.

Resting your head on the doorway you gave him a shrug replying "This is fine. I like the rain"

"If you say so..." He shrugged gesturing to the rumbling lightning outside not exactly finding that calming.

"Anyways, why is Torchfire Mountain the only place we can destroy the Fangblades?" Nya asked aloud as she gazed at the four blades laid out on the table.

"The Fangblades are made from the original teeth of the Devourer. They're so strong they can only break down in extraordinary heat" Kai explained to his sister While Jay enjoyed his lunch across from them.

"Can someone pass the salt?" Jay asked the two siblings as another boom lurched the boat to the side. The table salt slid down the tilted table landing right into his grasp..

"Hey thanks" he smiled gratefully and winked sprinkling the condiment over his sandwich.

Cole slid into the room leaning on the doorway where you sat. "Please, no one talk about food..." he groaned unsteadily as he lurched to the side along with the ship. "How much longer until we get there?" he asked trying to grab hold of the doorway.

"Not long" Jay replied "Hey Cole you're looking a little green there, how'd you like a mucus salt sandwich?" He held up his sandwich for the earth ninja to see only making him grow more green.

Cole started to gag covering his face as he ran over to the edge of the ship throwing up the contents of his stomach. Getting up from your spot you stood at his side patting his back since he was sickly.

"There, there" You soothed rubbing circles into his back reassuringly "You'll feel better afterwards."

"This is embarrassing..." Cole muttered to himself as he finished tossing chunks over the ledge..

"What is?" You asked tilting your head as he wiped his mouth uneasily.

"Nothing" he huffed in exhaustion as his eyes refused to meet yours.

"Get some water and lay down for a bit" You told the earth ninja taking him to the kitchen for a moment.

~~~

Third Person's Pov:
"Serpentine, it's time I Spinjitzu you back into the filthy holes you came from" Lloyd monologued as he began his training on the equipment.

"Ninja kick! Tiger claw! Ninja Go!" He yelled spinning around but tripped on part of the machine. He was knocked back and forth between the turning equipment until finally landing on the floor groaning in pain.

There was a malicious chuckle coming from the room making the hair on his neck stand up as he tried to grab for help.

"What a joke, you were always a boy who chased stupid dreams..." Pythor mocked grabbing the boy by the collar in the air reappearing before the young green ninja.