12.

Now I know some of you voted against having Jake's POV but a lot of people wanted it so in attempt to keep everyone happy I'm going to do one but it's going to be very, very short and won't reveal too much of the mystery, but there will be more to come 😊

And yes, two updates in one day because I've had the day off and been hit with some madddd inspo yeeeeha

Cover by: xLovEtoLivEx -- thank you so much! <3

Jake's POV:

Cold air blasts my face when I step outside. I zip my jacket all the way up to my chin and jam my hands into my pockets.

"I'm going to drop that prick," Guy growls, cracking his knuckles.

I was holding on by a thread. That thread just snapped.

We've barely made it three steps from the front door before I whirl around and slam Guy up the side of the wall. His head snaps back into the glass. I send a fist straight into his stomach. He lets out a shriek, doubling over.

"Don't talk about him like that," I say, leaning down low and looking at him in the eye. "Don't fuck with Callum, or you deal with me. Got it?"

He groans loudly, hugging his stomach.

"Got it?" I yell loud this time.

"Got it!" he gasps back.

I look up to see everyone else in the group staring at us with wide eyes.

"That goes for everyone. Don't fucking touch him," I warn.

"Dude, I know he, like, means a lot to your family but he's one of us. Callum is awesome," Kyle, one of the footballers says, darting his eyes to Guy. "But isn't that going a bit far? Guy was just messing around."

"Guy can mess around with whoever, I don't give a shit. But not him."

"Sure," Kyle nods, looking at the others. "Understood. Right boys?"

"Right," they agree, with Guy still complaining and moaning behind us.

"Good. Now let's go eat."

***

Callum's POV:

"Hey," Grant greets me, handing me a tin of coffee. "How are ya?"

"Good man, you?" I gratefully accept the coffee and blow on it a few times, before taking a sip.

"Good good. Ready for the game tonight?" he asks, before holding out his own coffee for me to hold.

I take it as I answer. "Yep, we should win this one. We always beat the Tigers."

"Heard they got a new member, seems pretty good."