18.

Happy Sunday! Or Saturday night for most of you, probably. Extra long chapter today! Thank you to everyone who has played Downright Delinquents on Chapter Interactive! Next chapter release will be next Thursday!

Rhett -

Cover by - Marissa_poole - thank you so much!

My leg bounces irritably as I wait for 6:30pm. I take a swig of the beer beside me to soothe my nerves. I've never been on a 'date' before and it's only now dawning on me that it really is a... date. With another guy. It's not like it didn't feel real before but it certainly does now.

My phone vibrates for the twelfth time today. I exhale, seeing Jake's name across the screen.

"Stop calling me," I answer bluntly.

"If you answer then I wouldn't have to keep calling," he snaps at me. "Are you over your tantrum yet?"

"Clearly not and it's not a 'tantrum'."

"Look, I'm sorry. I guess it was a dick move. I didn't go."

"It's not even the fact whether you went anymore it's the fact that you were going to and didn't care. Especially after I made it clear that I wasn't okay with it." I argue, pinching the skin between my eyes. I swear just seeing Jake's name on my screen rises my blood pressure.

"So, dating you basically means you're in charge and tell me what I can and can't do?"

"For fuck sake," I groan. "Stop trying to self-destruct. You know it's not normal to do that. When you're with someone, you're with that one person. That's how it works. We had a really good day yesterday and it freaked you out. So, you did what you always do and stuffed it up for yourself."

"Right. Sounds like me." He says sarcastically and I unflex my fingers as they're beginning to ache from being clenched so tight.

"It is and I'm sorry Jake, but I'm not doing this with you anymore."