37 (Final Chapter)

Callum's POV:

I trail my finger across the freckles that dust Jake's shoulders.

He lets out a soft moan, burying his face a little deeper into the pillows. I walk my fingers through his hair and down his cheek.

"Good morning," I say.

Jake yawns widely and rubs at his eyes. The light slithers in through the blinds, making his eyes look brilliant and lively in its glow. He moves so that he is lying on his side and I push him onto his back, nuzzling my face in the soft area between his throat and shoulder. I kiss him lightly and he sighs into me, his hand resting on my hip bone.

"Do we need to leave this bed?"

"Yes."

"Why?"

I kiss his nose. "Because we have a wedding to attend."

It has been three months since the incident and I am thankfully recovered from the crash. I'm extremely sorry that everything ended the way it did but I'm not sorry for feeling relieved we aren't being stalked anymore. Rhett was like a dark cloud that plagued our lives and now he is gone. I can breathe easier, now.

Peeling the sheets from my legs, I plan to get up but Jake snakes his arm around my waist and pulls me back down. He kisses me. I kiss him back. Our lips move together as easily as it is breathing. We part for a moment and I smile up at him as he kisses my face, down my neck and across my chest. His tongue snakes across my stomach and I sigh in content. I love that he makes my heart flutter every day.

"I want to make out with you every day for the rest of my life," I groan.

"I can make that happen."

"Good."

"What was the reason we have to leave this bed?" he mumbles against my skin.

"No idea," I pant.

He kisses me again and I quickly get lost in the warmth of him. We are a mess of hot kisses, tangled sheets and sweat. We stay in bed, touching, talking and kissing for so long that I forget we're meant to be getting ready. It's not until Ellie's texts, asking when we should meet, that I gasp.

"Shit!"

I race into the shower and have three seconds to myself before Jake steps inside.

"Nooo," I quietly protest as he grins at me. "We need to get ready!"

"I am ready."

I look down. "Oh boy."

"I'll be quick," he winks and I feel the heat of his body as he steps close.

Within the hour, we are dressed and rushing down the stairs to meet Haze and Ellie.

We are both wearing navy suits. I have a turquoise undershirt and matching tie, whereas Jake is wearing a mint green colour scheme. He looks delicious. I very rarely see Jake in a suit, so I appreciate it a lot when he is.

"You two scrub up all right!" Ellie beams.

"Can say the same about you," I say to her and give her a small hug.

Ellie is dressed in a lilac dress that dips from her shoulders. It's tight around her waist and flares out. Ellie looks gorgeous in everything she wears but today, she really is stunning. The way Haze looks at her makes my heart melt.

When we get to the hall, the sunshine is spilling through the windows, casting a golden glow across the dainty chandeliers. There are long tables covered in pristine white table cloths with gold trimming, with a series of small pot plants placed in the centre of the tables.