29.

Edit by: janawael678

I've pretty much had the worst day of my life.

I try to hold onto the best parts. Jake coming to me, admitting to the guys we're together, standing up for me. All of that was incredible. But Guy finding out, what he did to me and then what happened next...

"How are you feeling?" Ma asks me quietly, rubbing soothing circles over my back.

I shake my head. "I don't quite know how to describe what I'm feeling."

Jake has been expelled and Guy only suspended. I don't know how the hell that works. Maybe because Jake wasn't at school that day and he did the most harm. But Guy approached me. He would have beat me up, more than he already did, if Jake hadn't shown up. I've convinced Ma to go to the school and fight for Jake. She's agreed but I think it's mainly because I'm kind of a wreck right now.

I left school in an ambulance and it was the most embarrassing thing ever. The rumours would be running wild.

"What do you want to do?" Ma asks.

"Sleep and never wake up," I mutter.

She sighs softly. "I'm sorry about this whole situation."

"Me too."

"I'll call the school, see what I can do."

She gives me a soft kiss on the side of my face, before leaving. I lay back into my pillows and stare up at the wall. It's crazy how fast everything changed. With Jake, with Guy finding out. I need everything to pause.

Turning my phone off, I bury myself under the blankets and close my eyes, hoping I can sleep away the pain.

***

Something tickling the side of my face wakes me. I feel groggy as I blink slowly, my eyes adjusting. Light fills the room. My vision finally focuses, to see Jake lying beside me, shirtless, his hair ruffled and a lazy smile on his face.

"Hi."

"Hey," I mumble.

I look to the window. It was light when I fell asleep, too. I'm so confused.

"I came over last night but you were passed out," Jake explains. "You slept right through. It's almost ten a.m."

"What?" I croak, rubbing at my eyes and slowing moving to rest on my elbow.

"Yeah," he grins. "You must have been tired. I've been awake since six. I'm bored."

My brain slowly tries to figure out how many hours I've slept. I feel like I've been hit by a truck.