25.

Cal-

Jake-

Jake-

I'm barely aware of my surroundings as we all stumble out of the venue

I'm barely aware of my surroundings as we all stumble out of the venue. My ears are ringing, my head is light and I feel giddy.

Jake wraps a warm arm around me and pulls me to his side. He plants a kiss on my temple. I soak in this moment. We're outside, in public, and he's kissing me. I want more of this. I need more of this.

"That was incredible!" Ellie bursts, reaching for me and shaking my arm.

"They sounded exactly the same as they do on the radio!" Jake exclaims with an incredulous head shake. It's nice to see him so excited and happy. Seeing his face lit up like it is now is like breathing a breath of fresh air.

"Let's go get drinks and play some pool," Haze says over his shoulder.

"They're under eighteen," she points out.

"I know the security," he waves off her comment.

At first, I think she is going to protest but she shrugs. "Okay. Are you boys keen for that?"

"Hell yeah," we both say in unison.

Despite people flooding the streets around us, Haze propels forward and does a front flip, right in the centre of the path. Ellie lets out a loud whistle of support.

Jake scoffs. "You call that a flip?"

He jets in front, shoving Haze playfully out of the way, before doing a series of twists and flips in the air, making the concrete beneath us seem like a trampoline. Their adrenaline oozes into me and I follow their lead, doing a series of jumps and flips off the ground, street poles, gates and Haze even jumped on someone's car. The alarm shrieks into the night and we all take off running. The wind is in our hair and laughter spilling from our mouths.

"Okay, my turn," Ellie intervenes, neatly trotting down the middle of the group, before doing a series of neat cartwheels, front-hand-springs and finishing with a polished round-off.