15.

Buckle up kiddos, you're in for a ride.

Cover by: Wiredtobeweird - thank you so much, I love it!

"Where did you go?"

"Hmm?" I ask distractedly as I yank my shirt off.

"When you left the party," Jake mutters with a frown. "With that guy."

"Oh, just around," I shrug.

"Did anything happen?"

I shrug again. "Not really."

"Not really?" he echoes, folding his arms across his chest. "Define 'not really'."

"I'm tired," I sigh, kicking off my shoes. "I don't feel like doing this right now."

"Doing what?"

"This!" I exclaim in exasperation, throwing my hands up. "This exhausting back and forth. No matter what I say or do you're going to be an asshole to me tomorrow or when we're back around other people. But I can't move on because you stalk me or will beat the person up. It's just an endless circle of bullshit with you!" An enraged growl tears from my throat and I spin, throwing my fist into my mattress. "I'm over it."

"I'm trying!" Jake hisses, storming over to me and yanking me upright. My chest is rising and my breath falling out of my mouth. "This is me showing you that I want you."

"Try a bit fucking harder," I snap back.

His hands wrap around the back of my head and pulls me to him. I slam my hand out and hit his chest with a loud thud. Jake's breath catches in his throat as he stumbles back in surprise.

"No," I growl. "Don't."

Ignoring me, like usual, he tries to grab me again. This time, my elbow strikes out, connecting with his nose.

"Argh!" He cries out and falls back into the wall.

Blood spurts down his face. My body is trembling as we glare at each other.

"Don't," I warn when his hands curl into fists. "You can't want me when it's convenient for you and you can't get angry when someone else shows interest. I'm not your property. You do not own me."

"It's not that easy!"

"Yes, it is!" I argue back. "If you want to be with me, then be with me. Who cares about what anyone else thinks?"

"You know it's not that easy. Everyone will judge us."

"And?" I press. "Let them."

"Easy for you to say when it's just us here. You haven't come out either, remember?" he wipes at his face, smearing the blood across his cheeks.