34.

Beautiful cover by: stellaarden7

I'm still 99.9% sure this is a dream and I'll wake up any second.

Surely. It has to be. Jake Haze kissed me. In front of the entire school. And people have not stopped talking since. Seriously, this will be the hot topic of conversation for years. Nothing like this ever happens around here.

"You recovered from the shock yet?" Jake asks me as we walk to class together, our shoulders brushing with every second step.

"Don't think I ever will."

He grins at me. "Let's do something tonight."

"Like what?" I ask.

"Go out to dinner," he smiles. "On a date."

I stop to look at him. Really look at him. "Why are you being so... not yourself?"

"Because we went a couple of weeks without seeing each other and it was literally the worst thing I've ever experienced," he replies. "And I've come to the realisation that you're worth it."

Suddenly overwhelmed with my all-consuming feelings for him, I shove him through the door of the vacant classroom beside us. I lock the door and yank down the blind.

He arches an eyebrow at me and looks damn hot as he does.

I toss my backpack to the floor and he does the same. There's a heartbeat-length second of us staring into each other's eyes, both non-verbally expressing how much we love each other. It's so intense it's almost unbearable.

I wrap my arms around his neck and kiss him with all I have. His fingers tangle into my hair while mine slide down his neck, to his chest and down his sides. They dance at the edge of his shirt, teasingly stroking his stomach underneath. Jake groans softly, the kiss deepening to something far too intimate to be done on school grounds. There's a pile of school-issued novels on the front desk which are sent clattering across the floor.

With our lips still glued to each other's, we manage to tumble into the side-room and fall breathlessly to the floor. Jake is seated beneath me and is tugging at my shirt. I rear back and yank it off in one fluid movement, before planting my lips back on his. I barely have him reclined before he flips positions, pinning me and wedging his knee between mine.

A hot trail of kisses burns across my jaw, down my neck and across my collarbones. My head is spinning and my heart racing. I've completely forgotten where we are.

"I want this so bad," Jake exhales, his warm breath spilling across my skin.

"Me too," I say just as eagerly back.

"This isn't very romantic," he pants as his lips begin to move down my body.

"Don't really care right now."