16.

I'm still super sick but being able to actually write this much again has been amazing. How many updates have I done this week? lmao I've lost count

Cover by: TheBlackHole12

"Cal?"

"Hmm?" I mumble in reply, staring up at the ceiling.

"I'm sorry."

I roll onto my side. Jake lays facing me. I can see the outline of his sharp shoulders and messy hair in the dark. His fingers inch closer to me until they're touching mine.

"For what?" I ask.

"Everything."

"For being a pain in the ass?" I breathe a laugh.

"Pretty much," he exhales, curling his finger around mine. "I don't mean to."

"Right."

"You don't believe me."

"I think you know exactly what you're doing but you're a coward so you're not going to change," I say bluntly, pulling my hand away and rolling onto my back once more.

"Ouch," he mutters.

"Truth hurts."

"So, basically, nothing I say is going to make this better?" he asks after a few moments of heavy silence.

"Actions speak louder than words, J."

He groans. "You're fucking hard work, Callum."

I scoff. "Yeah. I'm the hard work out of us two."

"You are. You're making things complicated."

"I'm really not. I'm not letting you push me around and you don't like it."

He sighs. We both know I'm right. He just hates admitting it.

"You never said you're going to cancel those plans you have," he murmurs.

"Because I'm not."

"Why not?" he bursts out.

"Because of everything I've been saying all night!" I whip back in exasperation. "Unless you prove to me that you're serious and being with me is what you want, I'm going out with him."

"You can't go out with someone else when you're here with me right now."

"I didn't ask you to come here," I point out. "Nor did I ask you to stay."

"Jesus, I need to start wearing a bullet proof vest around you," he snaps back. "Words hurt; you know."

"Of course I know, you're constantly hurting me."