26.

New chapters released (tonight for me, probably tomorrow for you) of Downright Delinquents on Chapters Interactive!

We stay up all night talking, touching, kissing, losing ourselves in each other.

I'm so confused at how this happened so quick. Last week I was beating his face with my fists. And now – the concert, us together, him asking me to be with him... I'm truly speechless.

Slowly peering through my eyelid, I see Jake lying on his side, smiling at me.

"Now who's staring?" I mumble.

"I'm allowed to, you're my boyfriend now."

"That wasn't a dream?" I whisper.

He shakes his head. "No, not a dream."

I reach out and run my fingers down his darkly inked arm. How is the beautiful, broken boy mine? How did we manage to survive the heart ache, the pain, the anger?

"I'm scared."

He lifts his eyes to meet mine. He hasn't shaved for a couple of days; stubble having formed across his jaw. I remember the feel of it against my throat last night.

"Of what?"

"You," I murmur. "Breaking my heart."

"I don't want to."

"Then don't."

He pulls me to him, hugging me close. The sun rays filter in through the blind, casting a golden glow across us and providing us some morning warmth. I snuggle into him, not wanting to move from here, ever.

"I'm probably going to screw this up," he says. "But I'm going to try not to."

"Please try," I sigh softly. "I can't go back after this weekend. You've shown me how good it can be. Please don't ruin this."

He kisses my forehead. "Anything for you, you little shit."

I roll my eyes. "And there it is. Jake Haze, everyone."

He gives me a boyish smile, his dimple flashing at me. I peck at it cheekily and he kisses me back just as quick. We steal kisses from each other until I hear Ellie and Haze's voices in the kitchen.

Reluctantly, I remove myself from his warm arms. He trails behind me as I head to the shower.

"No," I say softly with a laugh. "Hands to yourself."

"I want to shower with you," he pouts.

"I know exactly what you want to do."

"Just a play," he smirks.

Even though I want nothing more than to do that, I finally convince him to not be inappropriate with my sister and his brother right down the hall. Walking away from him is one of the hardest things I've ever had to. But also, makes me can't wait until we're home and can eventually be alone again. Because now that we're together, there is nothing holding us back.

My mouth waters when I enter the kitchen. Haze is cooking everyone breakfast while Ellie sets the table.

"Morning!" she chirps. "How did you sleep?"

"Great," I say, my mind reeling back to Jake's mouth on mine and his hands on my body.

"Coffee?" she offers.

"Please."

Jake strides into the kitchen next and I laugh. Haze and him are dressed the exact same – an over-worn black hoodie and ripped jeans. They both have messy bed hair, scruffy stubble and sleepy eyes.