¹⁸, JUST ANOTHER TEEN OUTCAST

𝐂𝐇𝐎𝐂𝐎𝐋𝐀𝐓𝐄
chapter eighteen; Just Another Teen Outcast
I'm always being Sirius! "

𝐂𝐇𝐎𝐂𝐎𝐋𝐀𝐓𝐄chapter eighteen; Just Another Teen Outcast" I'm always being Sirius! "

  MADELINE HAD ADJUSTED surprisingly quickly to being a teenage social outcast. It felt almost like being shunned, save for the Marauders and her best friends, no one even looked at the Potter girl unless it was to crack a joke any professor would frown upon.

  She had just assumed this was the end of her torment.

  "Maddie!"

  It wasn't.

  "Leave me alone, Nico."

  "Wait, wait, wait," Nico said rapidly, running to cut Madeline off. The girl rolled her eyes, staring at the castle wall instead of him. "I wanted to talk to you."

  "I think you've done enough talking," Madeline snapped.

  "You're really mad, huh?"

  "No, I'm not angry that I can't go anywhere without being laughed at, and that I have to quit quidditch, and that my own brother doesn't believe me! Nico, people I don't even know hate me!"

  "Hate you?"

  "Apparently, being a slag isn't a very good thing," Madeline laughed bitterly, her anger only skyrocketed when she felt the burn of angry tears prick in her eyes.

  "I didn't mean for all this to happen."

  "Oh, okay, what exactly did you want to happen then?" Madeline questioned, looking at the boy expectantly. His lips moved to form words, but no sound came out, "Tell me, Nico, what you thought would happen!"

  "I don't know, okay?! I don't know! I was angry because I loved you—"

  "You did not love me."

  Nico's brows furrowed, his face was twisted in a way that almost made Madeline believe him.

  "Maddie—"

  "Think it's time you backed off, mate."

  Nico huffed out a laugh at the company, Madeline frozen in her spot due to it. "Who are you?"

  The boy did not respond, only produced a long, black wand from his pocket and pointed it between Nico's eyes that were now the size of dinner plates. The Ravenclaw's opponent was much smaller, scrawnier, but there was no denying that if the boy wanted to hurt him; he could.

  "Woah," Nico said, raising his hands slowly, "Chill out, I'm not—"

  "Goodbye."

  The blond nodded, taking steps back and nearly tripping over his own feet as he scrambled off towards the Ravenclaw tower. Madeline faced her savior, not quite sure how to react.