Chapter 9

"May,come on!We're running out of time."Nicholas warned his girlfriend,who was getting ready in her room.

"Buckingham palace isn't going to grow legs and run away any time soon,Nick."May joked.

She went downstairs and followed Nicholas to the car.He drove to Buckingham palace.When they got there,they got out of the car and went inside the palace,greeting Prince Charles,Princes William and Harry, Catherine,Peter and Autumm Philips,Zara,Princess Anne,Timothy Lawrence,Prince Andrew,Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie,Prince Edward and Countess Sophie and their children Lady Louise Windsor and James,Viscount Severn,who had all gathered for lunch,awaiting the Queen's arrival.

"This is the girl you never shut up about,Nicholas.Right?"asked the Prince's uncle,Andrew.
Beatrice and Eugenie had 'abducted' May-according to Nicholas-and were asking her questions about Nicholas.

Then Sophie decided to 'kidnap' her-this time according to Prince Edward-and have a chat with her.

The Queen and Prince Philip arrived.The women dropping into curtsies,and the men bowing their heads.The Queen sat at the head of the table,Prince Philip next to her.

They had lunch,but Nicholas seemed against the idea of staying any longer:

"Granny,I hope you don't mind,but I have to get going."
His grandmother asked him:
"Why are you in such a rush,Nicholas?"
Nicholas shook his head,not wanting to remind his grandmother of his plans in front of his girlfriend.Then,his father said:

"Nicholas,we should know where you're going."
"And seriously,can't you sit with your family for once?Do you always have to come and go?Have a break for once!"Prince Andrew added.

Truth be told,Nicholas had a meeting with Lady Clarita;he wanted to propose to May,and he wanted to plan it with her best friend.

He told his family about it,they just loved to tease him.
Nicholas took his girlfriend's hand and guided her outside.
"Nicholas..Where are we going?"asked May
"Oh,I have somewhere to go so I'm dropping you off home" he explained
"What could be so important that I can't know"
"Nothing nothing absolutely nothing!I mean,nothing.You'll know about it soon enough!"
May shook her head.
"Keeping secrets from me now,are you?"
She got into the passenger's seat and Nicholas got into the driver's seat.

The drive home was silent.
When they got to the Everest estate,May muttered something before getting out:
"Talk to me when you're ready to tell me what you're hiding."

Note:
No,they're not breaking up.