Chapter 25

Nicholas and May had their first engagement as a married couple the next day.They were visiting St. Mary hospital. (Idk I made it up)

And Oscar had the perfect plan.

Nicholas and May walked into the hospital,security following them.They were not very close,but not very far.

"Nice to meet you,sir."the boss (idek anymore) shook hands with Nicholas,then turned to May.

"You too,ma'am."He also shook her hand.

Now,you come into play,my dear Ingrid.

Ingrid heard her father's voice through the earphones she had on (he called her,she hid the phone in her pocket)

Ingrid sighed,but marched up to the Duke and the Duchess nonetheless.

She 'accidentally tripped' and fell onto the boss,who looked at her in shock.

"Are you okay?"He asked her,before calling over some employees to help her up.

They did,but they took her FAR AWAY from the Prince to check if she was okay.

You failed,Ingrid.I can't count on you can I?

No,you can't.

She answered her father,but the nurses didn't know that.They looked at her,confused,thinking she was crazy.

Ingrid realized that and hung up the call with her father,showing it to the nurses.

"I was talking to my dad."

"Ohh.."
"That explains it"
The nurses nodded their heads and asked Ingrid if she was alright one last time,before heading in the opposite direction.

Ingrid didn't want to fail her father.Well,more like she was scared to.So she opened the door to her right,walked into the patient's room,and closed the door.

"No matter what anyone says,you'll tell them I'm your sister.You understand?"Ingrid spoke,trying to sound fierce,even though she hated making the innocent child so scared.

The patient,who was a 5 year old girl,nodded quickly as Ingrid took a seat next to her.

Now Nicholas and May walked into the room,with mamy doctors,employees and photographers behind them.

"Hello,little one."Nicholas greeted the little girl,whose startled expression from earlier turned into a happy one.

Ingrid stood up,shaking the Prince's hand,who didn't seem to look twice at her.

She shook May's hand,and May thought Ingrid looked oddly familiar.

"Your royal highnesses,this is my sister."

Yeeaaaahhh lie all you want.Nicholas thought.

"Oh really?But you look nothing alike!"Nicholas chuckled,squatting down to meet the toddler's eye level.Ingrid gulped.

"Where are your parents little one?"
"Mommy went to the bathroom and daddy left a long while ago."

As if on cue,a woman that ACTUALLY looked like the little girl came out of the bathroom,covering her mouth with her hands when she realized who was talking to your daughter.She droppsd her hands to uer side,curtsying.

"Your royal highnesses.I'm so sorry,I.."
"It's okay,it's fine."May reassured her.

How am I supposed to get his number now?Ingrid thought.

"Uhh..your royal highness...we're organizing a party for her in a few weeks,it'd be an honour if you came."Ingrid managed to say.

At first Nicholas shook his head,but when he saw the little girl pouting,he thought royal protocol can go die and accepted the invitation.

He told them to send a letter to the palace and he would go to the girl's birthday.

And just like that,the Prince disappeared.

"Who are you?"The girl's mother asked.
"I have a very important mission and you are now involved.You have to organize a party,I don't know invite some people AND the Prince.If you agree to keep all of this a secret,I'll tell you the plan soon.Mrs.."

The woman raised her eyebrows,smirked,and said:

"Ingrid,you really are your father's daughter when you want to be."

Wut.

"Excuse me?"

"Just call me Eva,for now."

For now?

What does she mean?

Note:
So I thought Ingrid is her father's daughter after all and she doesn't want to disappoint him although she doesn't want to go along with the plan.
Anyway..
Ciao,and until next time!
(Yayayayayya my new catchphrase or smthin like that)