Chapter 26

"Sir,you have received an invitation."The staff member handed the invitation to Nicholas then left the room.

Nicholas opened the letter,reading it out loud in front of his wife.

'Your royal highness,
I am Eva,one patient's mother.You visited my daughter and promised you would come to her birthday party.
My daughter left the hospital yesterday,and she is in perfect health.
I hope you can come to her birthday party tomorrow,at XXX at noon.'

"Should we go?"May questioned.

"I don't think you should,they might be tricking you."Clarita warned them.

"We promised,we don't want our image to be ruined."Nicholad informed her.

"It's tomorrow?"May asked

"Yes it is"Nicholas answered

Just then Catherine walked into the room,greeting the Duke and Duchess of Windsor and Lady Clarita.

"What happened with the letter?"she asked

"Nothing much,except a weird man came to ask for a job at Kensington palace and he said something referring to the letter,he must have something to do with it!"Nicholas rubbed his forehead.

"I suggest you tell the cops.This could easily threaten your lives."Clarita suggested,and Catherine nodded

"I don't mean to interfere,but Clarita's right.This could easily become life threatening."

"Well,at least if we survive it,we'll be able to tell the story to our children."May joked,trying to ease the tension in the air.

It worked,partly,because Catherine smiled a toothy smile,Clarita chuckled,and Nicholas laughed.

"Well,I have to get going now."

"See you soon."

"Bye."

"I have to get going too,don't want to worry William."Catherine,too,stood up,walking with Lady Clarita to the door.

Once the two women were out of sight,Nicholas got up,hugged May,and whispered in her ear.

"I love you."
"I love you too."

"If this turns into a life threatening experience,at least I get to go through it with you."

"You're so cheesy."

"Only for you."

Note:
Arghhh the last part is so cheesy I want to throw cheese at them even tho I wrote it.

Anyway,hope you like it!