Prices To Pay

"A man's character is his fate"  Heraclitus

As Milo

That night when The Graysons' anniversary party came to an end, I told Mr. Grayson I would like to speak to him in private.  We went into his library and I sat down on the seven thousand dollar Artek tank armchair 400, it's a Hella Jongerius specKial edition.  That was what Willow told me.  When Mr. Grayson had 4 of these chairs delivered to his home, Willow made me try it out with her.  She wanted to know what was so special about a chair that has a price tag of seven thousand dollars.   As I sit here, Mr. Grayson pours me a glass of whiskey "So my son what is it that you want to talk to me about."  I thank him for the whiskey as he hands it to me "Mr. Grayson I would like to work for you.  You know I graduated and I would very much like to work for Grayson Enterprise."  He comes over and extends his hand in front of me "Welcome to the Grayson Enterprise son.  I have been waiting for this day."   I look him straight in the eyes as we shook hands.  In my mind I wanted to tell him thank you for fucking the love of my life, if he didn't, I wouldn't have all that I have wanted at the end.  But now, it's only the beginning.

As Willow

I already knew what was going to happen when I told my dad I was going to NYU.   Both him and my mom found out I also got accepted to Cornell and Harvard.  I told them I just wanted to stay close by but my dad was extremely upset.  He wanted me to choose Harvard.  I know it's because of Rhys.  I stood my ground in attending NYU and my dad slapped me across the face.  And what did I do?  I took an Uber and left home.  Where did I go ?  I went to NYC to look for Milo.  I texted him ahead of time and told him I am running  away from home and I needed a place to stay.  He told me he would be home late but he would leave the door unlocked for me.  I packed up enough things for maybe 3 days because I knew I had to go home.  It's not like I can just leave forever.   I went to kiss Amelia goodbye before I left.  She was very concerned when she saw me holding an overnight bag "Where are you going sweetheart?"  I told her please pretend she didn't see me at all today.  I made her promise not to say anything because I didn't want her to get in trouble with my parents too.

I hope that my dad would back off with me being gone for a few days.  I know he is stubborn and he always get what he wants.  But I am an adult now and he should let me make my own decisions. 

As Milo

It is just perfect timing with Willow texting me today telling me she wants to stay with me for a few days.  I was going to see Mr. Grayson today at his office and I told him that Willow contacted me.  I want him to trust me.  I need his trust.  I told Mr. Grayson not to worry and I will have Willow home in a few days.  He asked me to help him into convincing her to go to Harvard.  I know exactly why he wanted her there ... because of his ideal future son in law Rhys.  Of course I told him I would help him and not to worry.  Everything is working out better than I planned.  My mom called me today and told me she was very worried about Willow.  I told her not to worry.  My mom loves Willow like her own daughter because she has watched Willow growing up.  I think she has spent more time with Willow than Mrs. Grayson ever had.

As soon as I got back to my apartment, Willow was just chilling on my bed.