The Wait

"One Day We Will Never Have To Say Goodbye, Only Good Night."

As Milo

I wished the night would never end. Having the two people that I love the most laughing and having fun together warms my heart. After we left the restaurant, Frank gave me his business card. He is in real estates. I've heard of his name before too. Maybe my mom is going to finally have someone again. He has a driver waiting and he asked if he could take us home. Willow finally told him the truth "Frank you know Amelia is actually my godmother." He smiled "Godmother is just like a mother. I totally understand." I like Frank, he seems like a good man "Well Frank if you could take my mom home first, it would be great. I think she has more than enough to drink tonight." My mom glanced at me "And where are YOU going Milo?" I looked at Willow "I will take Willow back to her hotel." My mom winked at me "Okay kids don't get into any trouble now." She walked to Willow and hugged her "I'm going to cook for you this week. You better come." Willow gave her a kiss like she always did "I will god mommy. I'll call you."

Willow wanted to walk back to her hotel instead of taking a cab. It wasn't too far and the weather was warm enough. We walked in silence for ten minutes and she stopped to look at me "Milo... I still haven't forgiven you just so you know." My heart felt so heavy as she said that "I know shorty... I cannot even forgive myself." She continued walking again "I thought I could forgive and forget after two years but I was wrong." I have caused her so much pain "Shorty there is not a single minute that I am not hating myself for doing what I did. I just hope some day you could find it in your heart to forgive me." She stopped again "To be honest with you Milo... I have not stopped loving you. I still do but I cannot be with you." My heart is crying "I will wait shorty. If it means I have to wait forever, I will. You are worth it." I couldn't help but pulled her into my chest "I've missed you so much shorty. Sometimes I would wake up in the middle of the night and I wished you were next to me. I missed the times when I had you by my side, it was the most wonderful feeling in the world. We were so happy together." I can hear her sobbing softly "You are ass Milo... you are the ass that made me happy, made me sad. The ass that brought me heaven and gave me hell." She stepped away from me and she has tears down her cheeks "Don't think for a minute that we are going to be like before. I am not that naive little girl anymore." I wiped her tears away with my thumb "I never thought you were naive. I was the stupid and naive one. I hurt the one person that I loved so much for nothing. What a fucking idiot I was." She now has a small smile on her beautiful face "You were an idiot...and I was the biggest idiot to fall for an idiot." I pulled her into my arms again "I love you shorty... I will never ever hurt you again... I swear to God."

-------------------------------

As Willow

That night when Milo walked me back to the hotel, we had a talk. I wanted him to understand that until this very moment, I have not forgiven him. I don't know if I ever will but I need him to understand that we can never go back to how it was before. He texted me the next day but I ignored him. I will head to Amelia's for dinner tomorrow and today I plan to go around the city and take some pictures. I also have a lunch and dinner date. Lunch date is with Liz and dinner date is with Adrian. I never knew how easy it was to talk to Liz. I guessed it was because I never really gotten to know her. From the beginning I was jealous because she was Milo's girlfriend. Later on it was because of my dad.

I am seated outside a French bistro and I order a bottle of white wine while waiting for her. I look around and I am thinking if I should really move back to New York. I would buy a house here and continue with my photography career. I would be traveling but I will have a home to come back to. I didn't even know Liz was here until I heard her calling my name "What are you thinking about Willow..." I stand up to hug her "I was just thinking if I should buy a house here." She looks so happy "Really? That would be great. The neighborhood I am living in now is very nice. Why don't I help you look and we could be neighbors." I wink at her "Oh I know what you are doing. You just want me closer so I can babysit my baby sibling." She turns red "No Willow... I think your dad would be so happy if you live closer to us." I smile "Sure... Let's find somewhere close to you guys and I can swing by every night for food." She reaches over and squeezes my hand "I'm so happy that you are thinking of moving back to New York. I really am... and I'm so glad that we are sitting here talking like friends Willow. This means so much to me, more than you will ever know." I'm actually very happy that my dad has someone that he loves and one that loves him back. I know Liz does love my dad for who he is, not for his money. I wish I can say the same thing about my own mother. She has always been hungry for money and power. Liz raises her glass "Welcome home. I mean really welcome home Willow." I clinked her glass "And to our friendship. Wait a second... you are my stepmom." I start laughing and she is laughing too "Well... you are not going to start calling me mom right?" I am serious now "You know I think dad should divorce Jacqueline." Yes I'm calling her Jacqueline now because I really cannot bring myself to think of her as a mother anymore. Liz looks at me surprised "Willow... I don't want to ruin their marriage. They've been married for over 28 years." I remind her "It's a loveless marriage. They don't even love each other. Plus you are going to have a baby with my dad, he should marry you." I see Liz's eyes becoming watery "Willow... just because of what you said made me so happy already. I don't need a marriage certificate to prove anything with Sheldon. We love each other and that's all that matters. And you ... you are my family too." This is the kind of love that I want too "You are my family too Liz." I get up from my chair, I crouch down next to Liz and snap a picture of us. I sent it to my dad... I know he would be pleased. He replies "That picture just made my day darling. The two women I love most in this world smiling at me."