A Shining Star

"Stars don't beg the world for attention; their beauty forces us to look up." - Matshona Dhiwayo

Two Years Later

As Milo

Two years have gone by rather quickly.  Using the money that I have saved, I partnered with another guy Jeremy Moritz.  Together we started a Venture Capital Firm.  He was already an angel investor for years and he has extensive knowledge in this field.  Within two years time, our firm grew and we have gained a huge group of investors.  My mom no longer works for The Grayson.  I want her to enjoy life because she deserves it.  Sheldon Grayson and Jacqueline Grayson are still married.  It's pretty much an empty marriage for the sake of saving face or saving the Grayson name.  Either way, Sheldon is done with his wife.  I still am in contact with Liz.  She is working for Sheldon and it seems Sheldon truly loves her.  He has bought her a house and he would stay there at least four times a week.  Liz's mom passed away a year ago and it was Sheldon that made all the funeral arrangements for her.  Willow has been in magazines and news because she made it.  She has become a famous photographer whose job brings her around the world.  She calls my mom at least once a week and my mom would tell me her whereabouts.  I know she's coming back to New York in two days.  She asked my mom to meet up with her for dinner.  Over the course of two years, she never once asked my mom about me.  I will see her when she is back.  I have missed her so much and I have not been with anyone since Willow left.  And Adrian... he is still around.  I am sure he and Willow are still in touch because he is still the attorney for The Grayson Enterprise. I am so excited to see Willow again.  

As Willow

I am finally back to New York.  Have I missed this city?  Yes I have.  I have traveled allover the world for the past two years but I have not set foot in New York.  I have not spoken to my mom for the past two years.  She has tried calling me and leaving me voice messages but I deleted all.  Until this day, I still cannot bring myself to forgive her for what she has done to me.  My own mother manipulated me, lied to me and betrayed me.  I loved her and trusted her because she was my mother. If you cannot trust your own mother whom carried you in her womb, who could you trust?  So I am back to New York.  I don't know how long I will be staying this time.  I have made a name for myself in the world of photography.  I am not famous because I am a Grayson.  I am famous because I am one of the best photographer in the world.  

I checked into Conrad Hotel NYC and I called my dad "Guess who's back!!"  He chuckles "My baby is finally home.  When do I have the pleasure to have dinner with my darling daughter?"  I love my dad "Well... what about tonight?"  He sounds so happy "Tonight it is.  Let's go to your favorite restaurant Bouley at Home."  I answer "Perfect.  And daddy... you are welcome to bring someone if you like."  I'm referring to Liz.  I know my dad loves Liz.  They've been together for years now and I know for a fact, she is the only woman for my dad.  He answers me all choked up "Willow... you know how lucky I am to have you as my daughter."  I smile to myself "I'm the lucky one daddy."  

After I hung up with my dad, I called Adrian "Hey... how my favorite attorney doing?"  He laughs "G... you are finally back.  I've been waiting for your call since this morning."  Actually I have met up with Adrian a couple of times during the past two years.  He has traveled to meet up with me in Spain, Italy and Portugal.  I cannot say we are in a relationship but I am not going to lie, we have amazing sex whenever we see each other.  I have met plenty of guys while I've been away but I never slept with any of them.  I believe that you have to have special feelings for that person in order to have that physical connection.  I would never go for meaningless sex.  I ask him "Do you want to have dinner with me tonight?  I mean with my dad and Liz."  He replies "Sure... want to meet up for drinks before dinner?"  I of course tell him "Yes.  That sounds great."  After I hung up with him, I called my dad back and let him know Adrian will be joining us.  My dad was very happy.  He still would like for me to marry Adrian I'm sure. I'm 27 years old and I think I am still young.  I will think about marriage when I'm close to 30.