The Battle

"Every struggle in your life has shaped you into the person you are today. Be thankful for the hard times, they can only make you stronger."  - anonymous 

As Willow

I'm back at the manor to pick up a few things for my dad.  I decide to grab a book to read to him so he wouldn't be so bored.  I am sure that can hear us and knows what's going on.  It's just that he cannot get up in the time being.  I walk into the library and this is where all my dad's and my books are neatly placed.  This library belongs to my daddy and I.  

I still remembered vividly the talk my dad and I had just like it was yesterday "Baby girl

I still remembered vividly the talk my dad and I had just like it was yesterday "Baby girl... you know why daddy loves you so much?"  The six year old me giggled "Yes because I am daddy's girl."  He swiped his index finger on my nose "Yes but because you are just like your daddy.  We both love to read."  Yes he was right.  He used to spend time with me in the library whenever he was home... even though it wasn't very often.  I could spend hours alone in the library reading.  My mom and the maids knew exactly where they could find me.  Milo knew too... whenever I was missing he would come here to look for me and give me my bubble gums.  

I was so lost in thoughts I didn't even hear someone walked up behind me "My child..."  I was startled as I turned around "Amelia... mom you scared me."  She gave me her warmest smile "I knew you would be here."  She has a cardigan in her hands "Here... bring this to your dad.  He loves this cardigan."  I took it from her and it was so soft and I held it against my face "I can smell daddy..."  I rubbed my face on the cardigan and I knew I was about to cry.  Amelia placed her hand on my arm "Sweetheart... everything will be okay.  Your dad will be okay."  I bit my lips hard to keep myself from crying "Yes because my dad is strong and I know he is going to put up a fight."  She strokes the side of my cheek gently with her thumb "Your dad is a great man.  Have faith... good things happen to good people."  I smiled at her "You are right.  I am keeping faith."  I hugged her so tight as she said "Yes my child... and remember you have people that love you.  Stay strong. You are a Grayson."  I inhaled hard thinking to myself 'YES... I'm a Grayson.  I"m the Sheldon Grayson's one and only daughter.'   I gave her a kiss on the cheek "Thank you Mom... for being here.  For taking such good care of the boys.  You are family."  She nodded knowingly "I am family..."  

As Milo

The past 2 weeks has been a roller coaster ride for all of us.  I can tell Willow has been trying her best to stay strong for Sheldon.  I was not allowed to go near Grayson Enterprise even though I owned 5% of the Grayson stock.  Adrian of course being the Grayson corporate lawyer made sure that I took no part in any of the meetings.  The problem was Sheldon gave his wife Jacqueline the authority to execute decisions for him when he was incapacitated or otherwise unable to handle his own affairs as in a coma.  And Jacqueline in return has been consulting with Adrian for every business decisions.  I didn't like where this was headed but I really couldn't do anything.  I spoke to my mom one day and she said "Son... you have to save Grayson Enterprise.  You have to help Willow and you Sheldon."  I looked at her "I want to mom... but I don't know how.  I really don't know what to do anymore."  She smacked my face "You should know what you have to do.  And you know I have 2% of the Grayson stock too."  I looked at her in confusion and I was getting annoyed "SO what mom?  I have 5% and?"  She slapped me again "I don't know you figure it out."  I rubbed my cheek "It hurts mom... it burns."  She sarcastically laughed "You deserve it mio figlio if you cannot even protect your own woman."  

As Willow

At the Hospital

I am reading out loud to my dad To Kill A Mocking Bird. My dad is the one that bought me this book.  Now it's my turn to read to him and I know for sure he can hear me.  

"This is the whole point of failure. Of trying. Failing does not make us a failure as a people or as individuals. We're only failures when we give up on trying. We must learn and adapt. We must become better. We must help our children to become even better than our definition of better."

I have Milo sitting right next to me as I read.  I read another chapter before I put down the book.  I look at my dad and he seems so relaxed and peaceful at the moment "Daddy... I will read you some more tomorrow okay?  I know you must be bored and I will make sure you are entertained.  But wake up soon because I need to talk to you."  Milo interrupts "Yea... Sheldon you know Willow is not exactly very bright... you need to wake your ass up and keep her straight."  I turn to him "What the fuck Ass Milo.... is that how you talk to my dad?"  He smirks "Well.. yea.  He's my man."  I roll my eyes "Really now?  Your man?  When did my dad become your man?"  He looks at me keeping a straight face "When we went to a strip club together on his birthday."  I jump out of my chair "WHAT?  A strip club?  You are such a liar."  I shake my head small laughing "No... I took him to a very seedy one too... like an underground one and he had the time of his life."  I don't believe what I'm hearing "You are an asshole... taking my dad to places like that?  You are so dirty Milo... You are dirty dirty and so dirty."  He walks up to me in my face I can smell his breath "You like me dirty...don't ya shorty."  My face is flushed again "I hate you Ass Milo."  We are about to kiss when I hear my mom's voice "Hello kids."  I jump back so fast and steady myself "Hi mommy... you are back."  She walks over to me and gives me kisses on both of my cheeks "Yes... I miss you darling."  I say what I have to "I miss you too mommy."  Before I can say something else I hear Adrian "There you are G... "  He comes over and he wraps me so tight in his arms "I missed you G... "  I want to free myself from his hug but I know I can't "I miss you too.  How was the trip?'  My mom is always on business trips now with him FOR business of course.  I questioned Adrian one night why my mom had to travel with him every single time and he told me because my dad was in a coma and that was why my mom had to take over.   My mom walks over to the bedside and looks down at him "His skin is super hydrated.  What did you put on him."  I am holding my fist now because that is the only thing she notices?  His skin?  I walk over and think to myself that I will tell her off but Milo stops me.  He says "It's vaseline."  My mom laughs "Vaseline... the old traditional way."  Adrian takes my hand "G... dinner?"  I shake my head "No... you go ahead. I'm not hungry."  He furrows his brows "You are getting so skinny.  I want you to eat."  I look at him "But I'm not hungry."  He walks up to me "Doesn't matter... I want you to eat."  I am about to protest when my mom comes between us "It's okay....don't force my baby.  If she's not hungry she's not hungry."  Adrian backs down "Fine... but I need to eat."  My mom says "I'll go with you..."  

After they leave I start to cry again.  I don't know why I am here.  No... I don't understand why I'm in this situation.  Tears are running down my face and Milo walks over "Hey shorty... listen..."  I sob "What?"  He places his lips on my temple "We'll get through this.  How many percentage of the Grayson Enterprise do you own?"  I jump back and I look at him "What? Why are you asking me?  I don't want to talk to you."  He sighs "Just tell me."  I look at him "I don't know... I think 40% or something I'm not sure."  He whistles "Heiress Willow... woohooo." 

As Milo

I kind of figured it out.  I know what I have to do but it's still not 100%.  Today when Jacqueline walks in with Adrian...I know the battle begins.  I have a promise to my mom... I will keep Willow safe.  I will do my best to keep Grayson Enterprise up and running.  It's not easy but if things are too easy?  It's not worth the time.  Lately I get to spend more time with Willow because of Jacqueline.  She is always travelling around with Adrian and when they do?  She wants me to take care of Willow.  I don't mind at all... Everything I do I do it for her as in Willow.  I don't get Jacqueline and I don't question her.  After all she is Willow's mom... I just need to be careful because even though I had a talk with Jacqueline before Sheldon went into a coma.  I cannot trust her 100%.