The Promise

"Where the myth fails, human love begins. Then we love a human being, not our dream, but a human being with flaws."
― Anaïs Nin

As Milo

As the three of us Sheldon, Jacqueline and I were wrapping up our conversation and making a toast, Willow came bouncing in and then she paused "Oh... Milo.  You are here."  Sheldon looked at her with a smirk "Your mother just said he..." She ran over to him so quick and covered his mouth with her hand "NOoooooooooooo."  Jacqueline started laughing "Anyway... daughter darling you are looking so lovely."  I looked at Shorty "You have really really heavy makeup on Shorty."  I stepped closer to her and I have an urge to wipe some of that foundation caked onto her face "Wait... let me help you."  She swiped my hand off her face "Stop... what are you doing Milo?"  Again I brought my thumb to her face "Shorty... seriously what's going on? You trying to look like those Japanese Geisha or something?"  Sheldon came over pushing me out of the way, tilting Willow's face upward cupping her chin "Baby girl..."  She answered "Yes daddy... what's wrong?"  He observed her face even closer and shook his head "I'm really sorry my daughter... I love you too much to lie."  Willow's face turned into a shade redder than a tomato "Daddy... "  He let go of her chin and was still shaking his head "Go wash it off my love."  She walked away with eyes looking down the floor, I moved next to her and  I whispered in her ear "I'd still do ya."  She started smacking my arm so hard "In your dreams Ass Milo."

As Jacqueline

While I had Sheldon and Milo with me,  I of course had to discuss my plan with them.  Just remember... everything I do now, I'm doing it for Willow's sake.  Nobody and I mean nobody else matters... but her.  I told Milo  "You know Milo... all these years you have finally proven to us how much you love our daughter. And we know for a fact that Willow truly loves you and only you.   I need you to promise me, if  anything ever happens to Sheldon and I... we trust you to take care of her."  He downed his shot "I've loved Willow my whole life... I will take care of her even after my death."  I found that so endearing and I was sure that this boy here would give up his life for my daughter "Milo...we love you and accept you because we love Willow.  We also wanted to tell you that you have to thank Willow for everything that you have right now ."  Sheldon interrupted me "Darling... that's not true." Milo said "It's okay, I know that is the truth.  If it wasn't because of Willow, I wouldn't be where I am today.  I owe Willow Grayson my life. "  I smiled and I poured more whiskey into all our glasses "Milo you know we welcomed both you and Amelia with opened arms to the Grayson Manor.  We ask nothing more from you and your mom to take care of our baby daughter if anything would happen to us."  I knew by now Milo understood "Yes Jacqueline... You have my words.  I will love and protect Willow as long as I am still living and breathing."  Sheldon clinked our glasses "That was so intense.  C'mon... let's drink up and party ya'll."  I looked at my husband and I couldn't keep a smile from creeping up my face "Cheers darling... to good times."  Then Willow came bouncing in.

As Sheldon

I didn't know Jacqueline invited Milo over today.  But then again, she always did what she thought was right.  The three of us were talking and going over something with Milo when Willow came barging in.  She had a change of clothes and she had a full face of makeup on.  I was a bit taken back before Milo started teasing her.  All I can think of at that moment 'Willow truly loves Milo.'  In a way, I was so happy that my daughter has found the love of her life.  I have loved and lost love... twice.  First one was Jacqueline and second of course my beloved Elizabeth.  But... the love for my daughter Willow surpassed them all.   As I tilted her head up studying her face, I wanted to laugh "I'm really sorry daughter I love you too much to lie."  It was true... she had like thousands of foundation splattered on her face.  She went to change and put on makeup just because Milo was here.  My silly baby girl... she will always be my one and only baby girl.  As I stood here drinking with my family Milo included... I have never felt happier.  I would sacrifice and give up everything I have to protect my daughter... my beloved Willow.  I clinked my glass against theirs "That was so intense.  C'mon... let's drink up and party ya'll."