Chapter 7.1

[JIN'S POV]

New Year is fast approaching. We're gonna perform in 2017 KBS Gayo Daechukjae later.

I'm still spacing out because of what happened last night.

[FLASHBACK]

The maknaes are still cleaning in the kitchen.

I went to Y/n.

"Y/n-ssi, can I talk to you? Do you want to see our rooftop?"

"You have a rooftop? Sure!"

We went upstairs. I don't know if this is the right timing but I will take the risk.

"Wooooow! It's so beautiful in here!"

"Yeah. I really like the view."

"So, what are you gonna say?"

"How are you?"

"I'm so happy now. I'm very thankful that I met you guys."

"Y/n-ssi."

"Yes?"

"I know this is so sudden."

"What are you talking about?"

"Y/n-ssi... I like you."

"I like you as a girl. Ever since I saw you, there is something that makes me want to know you more. I really want to spend my time with you."

"Jin-ah..."

There's a long silence after that. My heart is pounding.

"I know... I know you can't like me back."

"No. It's just..."

"You like someone else. I know that..."

"I know that you like Yoongi."

"Wha-what?! H-how?"

"The way that you look at him. I saw you two going out of our hotel when we were in US for AMAs. I knew that time that you like each other."

"Jin-ah... I'm sorry."

"Don't be. It's not your fault that you like someone. I grabbed this opportunity to tell you the truth. I'm not gonna force you to like me back. I told myself that I will accept whatever happens. Jimin told me that I need to choose. Now, I will choose my friendship with Yoongi and I will not stand between the two of you."

She started to cry. I don't want to see her cry. My heart hurts. I really want to cry also because it hurts so much but I have to be strong.

"Please don't cry. I don't want to see you cry." 

I wiped her tears with my thumb.

"I know it hurts. I don't want to hurt you. You're a very kind man. You don't deserve this. I'm sorry."

"It's okay. I mean, it's not okay for now. You're right. It hurts so much but I will get through this. Shhh. Stop crying Y/n-ssi." 

I hugged her really tightly. My tears really want to fall but I have to endure the pain. I don't want to cry in front of her. I can do this.

"Please take care of our Yoongi. Ever since he met you, he changed a lot. I know that his temper sometimes is very hard to handle but please try to understand him. Don't leave him. Stay with his side. He looks strong but he needs love and affection. He acts tough but he really is a softy."

"Jin-ah. Are you gonna be okay?"

"Yes Y/n-ssi. Don't worry. Let's stay as friends, okay? You have to tell Yoongi everything."

"I don't know about that. I don't think he feels the same way."

"Yah. I know him for a long time. You have to try. But tell me immediately if he hurts you. I will beat his ass."

"Thank you, Jin-ah and I'm sorry."

"Stop crying, okay? Let me drive you home. It's getting late." 

I drove her home. It's really quiet inside of my car.

"We're here." 

I opened the door and she went out of the car.

"Rest now. Please take care of this coat. It's my gift for you as a friend. Good night."

"Good night, Jin-ah." 

She was about to walk but I can't help my self so I call her name again.

"Y/n-ssi..."

She looks back then I hugged her again.

"Let's stay like this for a minute please."  

She hugged me back and I can't help but to be sad.

"Whatever happens, I will always be here for you." 

I released my hug and she smiled at me; a weak smile.

She went inside of her apartment and I went back to my car.

[END OF FLASHBACK]

That time, I couldn't help my tears. I know that this will happen. It hurts a lot but I have to be strong.

Why not me? I met her first but she still chooses someone else. I'm still glad that she told me the truth.

Maybe we're not really for each other. Whatever happens, I will always protect her.

I will still wait for her.