17. Thick and thin

A/N: This is my longest chapter yet i believe! Can i get a woo woo.

Rosé pov:
We were going back to Seoul today. While i wasn't the most ecstatic to be returning i knew it meant only a few more days till i'll get to be with my friends and family back in Melbourne.

I make my way to the lounge where we're to have breakfast. Jennie is already there and i head on over and greet her with a "good morning". She begins to spread some toast for me.

"Why thank you Unnie" i say as i take a bite from my toast. Just then my phone lights up and it reads a message from Paul - LANY <3. Jennie catches a glimpse and gives me one of her evil smiles.

Oh no, this was not good. I try to brace myself for all the teasing and questions to come my way.

"What? What is it Jennie" i ask her half laughing. "Don't even start i swear" i continue while hitting her arm.

"Start what?" she says to me with a cheeky grin on her face, wiggling her brows up and down.

Lisa pov:
Breakfast time. My favourite time of the day. I make my way to the lounge to grab a bite. As i make my way i can hear Jennie and Rosie screaming like little girls at something. I feel myself smile at the sound of their laughs.

I wonder what they're talking about? Before i go in i hear Jennie speak up and i feel my chest pang.

"So how long have you and Pauly boy been talking then?" She says.

"Oh come on" Rosie says as she drags out the last word. "Since Coachella" she replies. I can tell from the tone of her voice she's blushing. I know we're just friends but, why would she kiss me if she's already talking to somebody? What if i had told her about my budding feelings that night? Would she have even told me about Paul or kept it hidden then too?

"How is it?" Jennie asks. "Is he everything you thought he would be?" Jennie continues. I should just stop listening, i know Rosies answer was just going to upset me further, i mean, she was practically obsessed with the guy.

"Yeah, well, what can i say. He's actually really amazing. I mean, when a guy is that vulnerable with his music and his art, you can only imagine what he's like-" Ugh. No, i can't stand here and just listen to her fawn over another guy.

Not when i thought that there may be the smallest, tiniest bit in her that was attracted to me too. Before she even gets the chance to finish her sentence i walk away back to my room.

Fuck breakfast today.

Rosé pov:
Jennie asked me about what its like talking to Paul. I wish i could tell her i was talking to him in the way she thinks i am, but i'm not. I have the biggest crush on him, i won't even deny that but, i dont know, i dont want to risk everything i've done to get to where i am with Blackpink for him.

I reply to her "Yeah, well, what can i say. He's actually really amazing. I mean, when a guy is that vulnerable with his music and his art, you can only imagine what he's like as a friend and let me tell you, he's really freaking dope".

"Just friends?" she asks me sincerely.

I look up to her kind of sadly and put my piece of toast down. "Yeah, just friends. I wish something more could happen there but it would just be impossible. Living on opposite sides of the world and well, this dumb dating ban" I reply to her before i let out a sigh due to my frustration.

Im so close to being with the guy i've had a crush on for months and months and yet, here life is, coming in the way like always.

Jennie comes round to me and places her arm around me and squeezes me. "You're going to be okay, trust me. If being with Kai had taught me anything, its that, relationships require so much sacrifice and if you truly like or even love somebody, you don't care how impossible the situation seems, because, you'll find a way to make it work."