36. Holiday?

Rosé pov:
We were currently sat in the office of the new CEO. This was our first time meeting her.

This company is truly going to shambles... i hope somehow she can salvage it.

The seating arrangement is as follows; Jennie closest to the CEO, then myself, Jisoo and finally, Lisa at the end.

"Hello girls" she greets us and tells us to take a seat.

"First and foremost, congratulations on your incredible tour. You have outdone yourself" she says as she points towards us all.

We all bow our heads and thank her furiously as well as crediting our team too.

"Right... the reason we're here is, well, as you know the companies stock rate is falling through the roof. Which is... really bad for this company. We could quite definitely go bankrupt"

Holy moly, its really that serious?

"But worry not, as the previous head of finances i have an idea on how to stop that from happening... or, at least prevent it for as long as possible" she continues with a faltering smile.

This is horrible, i feel sick.

None of us say anything, there is a lot of tension in the air.

"Now Rosie" she says as she looks towards me. "I was going to talk to you separately but, as you're here already, i just need you to know, unfortunately due to the companies current state we're having to postpone your solo further... im sure you can understand".

Those words pierce through me. Ive heard those words at least a million times in the last year yet, it never gets easier to hear them.

I force a small smile on my face as i reply to her "Thats okay. I understand. The company needs to be first priority".

I see Lisa look at me from the corner of my eye and Jennie squeezes my hand which was on my lap, under the desk. I squeeze it back.

"Great. I knew you would get it" she replies to me.

"Okay, so now to get to why you're all actually here" she says as she clasps her hands together and sits up straighter.

"Im sending you guys to Hawaii later this evening"

If this was under literally any other circumstance we would be screaming out of joy but we know, this wouldn't be for pleasure but for business masked as pleasure. That was the worst, because you had to pretend to be happy.

Nevertheless, we all respond to the CEO's words with 'excitement', we don't want to get on her bad side after all.

"Great. You're going to be making a summer diary, having a photoshoot and probably signing a few dozen copies of photos. Simple really" she replies to us as she gives us a smile.

'Simple really' why dont you do it then?

Ugh, i hate it when i'm bitter but, i can't help it, it feels like my situation is never meant to improve in this company.

We just nod along to her and finally she excuses us.

We get back to the dorm and i haven't said a word the whole way back.

I feel like I'm a sort of burden... why was i put into this group if they were going to treat me like i didn't belong? Is it because i didnt have enough trainee years?

"Hey" Jisoo says as she brings me out of my thoughts.

I reply to her as i take a seat on the couch.