31. Why not

Rosé pov:
After the moment we had just shared, Lisa and i headed back to our dorms without so much as speaking about the lingering tension between us.

The drive back home felt much longer than the ride getting to the park. Perhaps its because we were almost home and Lisa and i had not spoken to each other at all this entire ride. Apart from when the car was making a sharp turn and she fell on me a little and muttered out an apology while laughing a little awkwardly.

I wish things could be easier for us. Why do things have to be so complicated? I know i wonder about this a lot but, if Lisa and I weren't idols, would we be together by now?

I let out a sigh and place my head against the car window as i look out of it. I feel the window vibrating a little against my head and my ears fill with the low humming sound of the car moving as well as the sound of cars driving past us.

The road was busy, i watched as cars zoomed past us. The road was full with people walking nearby. There were people carrying shopping, people on their phones, people with earphones in, people holding hands, people conversing, people running and people carrying their children. It was fun to people watch. Every person has a very unique life story that is only theirs.

I watch how each person is dressed so differently to the person next to them. Fashion really says a lot about a person. A persons style can say a lot about their confidence, about how they feel, about how they want others to see them. Fashion is quintessentially used as a way to get to know someone... to judge them even. I wonder what my personal style came across as.

I feel my phone vibrate in my lap.

I snap my head down to look at my lap. Who could it be?

I look down to see it was ... Lisa.

Why?

She's literally right next to me.

Without looking up to her i read what the text says.

Lalisa💜: can we talk once we get back to the dorm ?

I read the text and feel my eyebrows scrunch up. Does she want to talk about what i think she does?

I quickly glance at her and she's looking right back at me. Seems as though she was watching me read her text message.

I nod to her a yes and she gives me a small smile as she silently mouths "okay".

•••

Lisa pov:
After another half hour we finally make it to the dorm. I texted Chaeyoung asking her if we could talk once we got back to the dorm.

I don't know entirely what i want to say but i know i need her near. I crave her so bad and if she allows me, i want to make her crave me too.

I wont hurt her. I want to treat her and love her the way she deserves. She's already gone through a lot of mistreatment and i dont want to add to it.

I want to be more than friends but less than girlfriends. The term girlfriend scares me. What will people think? How will the company react? How comfortable is Chaeyoung with her sexuality?

There is just a lot of weight that comes with labelling a person as your girlfriend / boyfriend. A kind of weight i can't deal with just yet.