Death Machines and Bellas Return.

The months had passed, taking its toll on Bella and all who was around her could see that. Her smile had faded into a permanent frown, her dull lifeless hair hung over her shoulders most days just brushed because of Bayla, her brown eyes held a pain in them that was mind consuming and all the while uncomfortable to look at. It was as if the light had faded to a black abyss and Bella was stuck at the bottom, Bayla struggling to pull her to the light.

Bayla had spoke to her sister every day, her frail melodic soft voice only ringing through the small room of Bella's as she drown her out and Bayla tried  her hardest, but yet failing, to cheer her up. She would bring up food for Bella that only was nibbled on lightly, disapproving Bayla when she cane to retrieve the images .
Bayla would lie with Bella, her small arms protectively perched over Bella's larger frame when her night terrors became too much and left her gasping for breath and scared to go back to sleep.Bayla had become worried and scared for Bella's future but still remained positive for Bella's sake and tried not to speak to much about it as she hung out with Jacob every weekend, despite his constant asking about when Bella's return would be

On Halloween Jake and Bayla had a sleepover that involved lots of candy and old cheesy horror films that left Jacob laughing at the horrible acting but left Bayla scared and jumping at every small sound she heard, resulting to her curling up into Jacobs arms as they slept that night. Most would look at Jake and Bayla and assume they had feelings for one another, but the two had only grown close as friends, almost as if they were siblings siblings, leaving Jake to feel responsible for keeping Bayla happy and safe in their lives, and leaving Bayla to look at Jake as an older brother.

As thanksgiving and Christmas rolled on by Bayla was upset when Bella refused to spend sometime and Jakes house to celebrate after they had celebrated with Charlie and only found herself drifting further away from Bella and becoming closer to Jake. As Jake and Bayla sat in his living room both laughing at the tv that showed America's Funniest Home Videos they were surprised when they heard a honk coming from outside and looked out of the small window to see Bella getting out of her truck with a half hearted smile .

Jacob looked and Bayla with a confused looks and she only replied with shrugging her shoulders .
"Maybe she back from the dead" Bayla said, a teasing smile coming to her face as Jake busted out laughing and grabbed her hand pulling her up from the spot she was perched in.
As they walked to Bella, Bayla could practically feel the excitement radiating off of Jake and it was no surprise when he let go of Baylas hand and ran towards Bella and picked her up, spinning her around they way he had Bayla many times .

"Bella! Bout time you came by!" Jake said sitting her back down on her own two clumsy feet.
"Really is" Bayla muttered beside Jake, looking at her sister with a nervous her happy look behind her sparkling emerald eyes.
Bella smiled a light smile at her younger sister, knowing she had been trying so hard to retune the happiness Bella had lost and turned her attention back to Jacob, as she pulled the tarp out from over the back of her truck, surprising Bayla and Jacob as they looked at the two motorbikes she had hauled into her truck bed .

"Scrap Metal. You should have." Jacob said in a teasing her almost truthful way.
Bayla laughed beside him and elbowed him gently as if to correct him for teasing Bella so soon and Bella smiled, looking at her feet almost as if she was embarrassed.
"I uhhh.. I rescued them from the dump. I wanna fix em up" Bella said now meeting Baylas gaze.
Bayla looked at her sister with wide eyes and walked forward a bit with a hesitant manner, feeling the gravel crunch beneath her sneakers as she did so.
"To ride? You want to ride these death machines?" Bayla asked, not wanting her sister to get hurt on something so easily dangerous .

Jake laughed and placed his hand on Baylas shoulder and grinned widely at Bella, happy to see her again despite the months that had passed them .
"When do we start?" Jake asked, watching as Bayla have him a disapproving look and Bella only met his grin, happy she had him on her side.

As the headed back to the garage Bayla sat down on a small crate and watched as Jake got all of his tools out and set them on the small table in a orderly manner. Bella nudged her sister and have her a weak smile as Jake exited the garage to get the bikes off the truck .

"Your really gonna ride those death traps?" Bayla asked, her voice small and weak compared to Bella's harsh loud voice .
Bella chuckled softly and rolled her eyes at her younger sisters innocent ways .
"It's fun. You should try it Bay" Bella said, urging her to have some sort of fun in her life .
Bayla shook her head back in forth showing a strong no and let out a nervous laugh that Bella quickly caught on to .
"No, no way. Those things are scary" Bayla said, her hands twitching nervously in her lap.

Bella watched her sister, her nerves now spiking and showing so easily, and she shook her head lightly not knowing how the two of them were sisters when they were so opposite.
"You don't have to Bay, I was just letting you know if you want to, you can" Bella said giving her a reassuring smile .
Bayla felt her heart go back to normal speed and let out a breath of relief, kicking the small pebble with her left foot and looking back at Bella with a thankful look.

"Maybe...just maybe" Bayla said.
She had no intention of riding the motorbikes but just as always she would follow her sister in hopes to protect her and end up hurting herself in the process, something that would happen a lot in the next few months.