Never be the same

As Bayla went outside she saw jakes large wolf fork huffing with anger and she slowly walked over to him placing her small hand on his face, hoping to offer him comfort and the peace he needed in order to calm down.
"Jake.. it's okay, please calm down. Please, come on let's go wait for Paul inside" her soft voice rang out.
"Bayla! Bayla get back!" Bella said as her truck pulled into the driveway coming to an quick stop as she feared for her sister.

Bayla was surprised to see Bella pulling into the driveway, but even more surprised that she had spoken to her, and as she heard a small growl rip through jakes chest she knew Bella being here didn't help anything.
"Damnit" Bayla mumbled, knowing Jake would only get more angry with seeing her, and smelling the scent that vampires apparently had.

Paul walked out of the tree line to meet up with Jake and Bayla for some movies But was startled to hear the growl coming from jake, and even more startled at how close Bayla was standing to him as he wold body shook and shook, his anger taking completely ahold of him.
"Bayla! Bayla move!" Paul said, not wanting her to get hurt .

Paul quickly phased and ran over standing in front of Jake, nudging Bayla with his large snout.

Jake what's going on. Why are you so mad? [paul]
Get out of here. Go [jake]
Jake talk to me man what's going on [paul]
HE sleeps at their house! While Baylas sleeping he is over there! He could kill them Both! [jake]

Okay..okay, lets phase back and we'll tell Bella he can't be over there [paul]
Man just go! Just leaving me alone! I want to be alone right now! [jake]
Jake stop it calm down ! [paul]
Or what? What the hell are you gonna do. You got bayla. Edward had Bella. Who the hell do i have?! [jake]

As Jakes large wolf form ran past Paul's he quickly pushed him back, which angered Jake and they begin growling, pacing in one large circle back in forth until Jake lunged forward going for pauls chest .
Both began to nip at one another, clawing, and using all there strength to fight eachother off.
Paul threw jake off after several attempts and as he landed on the ground paul began to run at full speed, jumping and letting his left paws sharp nails run along jakes fur, startled when he heard a loud scream .

As Bayla stood a good few feet behind Jake she jumped back, startled when he had moved and she saw Paul looking at her, she didn't have time to think, any time to move before she felt what she could only describe as knives slicing the left side of her torso.
She let out a blood curdling scream as she fell backwards and the warm crimson liquid began flowing out quickly, stringing her cotton white sweater and the damp grass below her.
She couldn't talk, or move, only groaning in pain and grabbing her left side as the blood began to creep out over her arms.

She felt her vision getting blurry and the last thing she saw was Bella and Jakes faces looking down at her, with Paul no where in sight.
Slipping into unconsciousness she was oblivious to being picked up ever so gently by Jake and bing loaded into Bella's truck as they drove to Emily's house at a dangerous speed.

It took no time getting to Emily's house, and as Jake ran in with a unconscious Bayla who was bleeding rapidly he was met with Emily's horror struck face and Sam was disoriented.
Sam had quickly called sue, the packs usual doctor who always stitched them up with no questions, and she came over to take care of Bayla.

Bayla was quickly cleaned up and stitched up, and an iv was inserted into her right arm as she lied on the couch with everyone waiting for her to wake up, everyone but Paul who was long gone beating himself up at the stupidity he had fallen to.
Jake sat near Bayla holding her hand and Bella watched with sad eyes, not knowing how it had all been caused by Edwards name .

"Is she gonna be okay?" Bella asked, for once worried about her younger sister who looked smaller and more fragile than ever .
"She will be. We have to think of something for Charlie.. we can't tell him the truth" Jake said looking to Sam for an answer.
Sam nodded and sat back in the recliner, all the ideas running through his head.

He looked at Bayla and only saw her small chest rising up and down as her breaths became more even. Her hands twitched lightly as Jake held them in his and her hair had become wildly tangled and now sat at the top of her head as Bella had tied it up for her.
"We could say she was hiking..bear..maybe?" Sam thought, referring to when Emily was hurt and they had to think of an excuse.
Bella shook her head side to side and let a sigh out, averting her attention to Bayla.

"She would never go hiking and dad knows that." Bella stated, putting that idea to rest .
"Well, do you have a better idea?" Sam asked, his voice a little harsh to his usual calm tone .
"Yes.. we say she saw a hurt wolf.. tried to help, and...that happened" Bella said lifting her hand and waving it to Bayla torso.
"It is more believable.. and something she would do no doubt" Jake said, giving Sam a look of question.

Sam nodded and went to his house phone, ringing up Charlie to let him know what happened.
As Charlie heard the lie through the phone he felt his heart skip a beat and his anxiety got the best of him as the questions of her health began spilling out as fast as his tears.
"No she is okay. Sue stitched her up and she's over here resting. When she wakes up we will bring her over" Bella heard Sam say.

Bella shared a look with jake and jake only looked away to focus on Bayla. Her eyes still closed and her mind scattered as it would be the next few weeks.