Start of turmoil

As Bayla woke up that morning she was startled to see bella frantically running in her room and pulling her up out of bed.
"W-What Bella what are you doing?! Stop!" Bayla said as Bella's hard grip didn't lighten up.
"Shut up and come on. We've got a problem" Bella said. Her voice was frantic and frightened, almost scaring Bayla as she quickly threw on a small coat on pairing it with her sweatpants and dark brown tank top she had on and slipped on her sneakers, not really caring for her appearance at the moment .

As Bella dragged Bayla to Edwards car that was parked outside the silence was unsettling and the look on Edwards face sent chills down Baylas spine. She had never seen him look so bewildered before and she opted to look out the window and they drove to the Cullens place, for the second time that week.
"Bella what's going on.." Bayla said in a light voice, going unnoticed by Bella, and Edward silently wondering if he should tell her or not .
Edward presses his foot on the gas and Bayla took that as a sign to be quiet, and so she did, only letting her mind wander as to what the problem could be.

*************************************************
As the Cullens talked amongst themselves with Bella cutting in at some points, Bayla only found herself confused and left out of what was going on. She had tried to keep up, she really had, but she had failed, which left her frustrated and impatient .
As she watched Edward stand protectively beside Bella with his fingers laced through hers she looked down at her own hands and thought of Paul's and how he was probably wondering where she was at right now, being it was 10:30am .

"Perhaps it was just a no-mad passing through" she heard Esme say.
"A nomad wouldn't of left the two alive" A beautiful blonde woman stayed with a not so happy voice.
"A no mad? Left us alive?" Bayla mumbled, unaware the attention was now on her as she sat by jasper on the couch with a hesitant look on her face .
Jasper felt her discomfort and sent a wave of calm to wash over her body, and be watched as her face fell with peace .

"Someone of our kind was in your house last night. Edward smelt the scent when he came over this morning....the scent disappeared about 5 miles past the house" jasper said first looking at Bayla as he explained what was going on, then turning his attention to Edward.
"Someone's orchestrating this" Edward said, his time dismissive and cold.
"Victoria?" Carlise said as he looked to his eldest "son" for an answer.
Bayla shuddered hearing her name but felt another wave of calm take over her and smiled at jasper, silently thanking him for keeping her calm as she heard the conversation

"No, I would have seen her deciding" Alice said as she walked to the couch and sat next to Bayla, taking her small hand in her own and giving it a small gently squeeze .
Bayla smiled at Alice, noticing how her usual bright happy smile was now turned it to that of a thin lipped frown. Bayla turned her attention back to Edward as he spoke, trying to keep up with what everyone was saying .
"It has to be the Volturi then" Edward said.
Bayla saw Alice shake her hand softly bwsidnehwr and look down at her lap, almost as if she were to embarrassed look at Edward.
"I don't think it's the Volturi either, I've been watching Aro's decisions too."Alice said softly.

"So we keep looking" a big burly man said from behind Carlisle, his face shapes into that of a twisted sadistic grin.
"We also take shift guarding Bella and Bayla at their house" Carlise said, looking directly at Bayla knowing she would need some reassurance of her safety.
"Another protection detail" the blonde said, rolling her eyes at the floor that was only picked up by Bella and Bayla.
"Rosalie" Esme scolded lightly, giving her a stern look that said shut it .
"No she's right, you can't protect me, watch Bay and dad, search for the intruder and Victoria, plus keep yourselves fed" Bella said as her eyebrows rose up on her face.

"I'm not leaving you both here defenseless" Edward stated. Bayla thought for a moment of how Paul was going to react to everything, there was no way he would leave her at the house by herself, so for the first time she spoke up.
"We won't be.. we have the pack" Bayla said with a soft yet cheerful smile.
Edward glances at her with a unreadable look, and Bayla was unaware that he was going through her mind, seeing all the images of Paul and the pack.
They were all protective of her in their own ways, Paul the most, and he knew she was right, despite how much he hated the idea.

"She's right...shes Paul imprint, she is part of the pack by law and by means they will be there making sure she doesn't get hurt, as well as Bella...as long as she stays in the house that is" Edward said, looking at Bella with an uneasy look since she liked to sneak off every now and then .
"I will" Bella mumbled, glancing down at her feet with a uneasy look that left Bayla to smirk.
"Good thinking Bay" Alice said with a cheerful smile.
"Seems our little ray of sunshine has a brain doesn't she" jasper said matching the same smile.
Baylas cheeks fished red with compliments she received and she only let out a few giggles, the Cullens smiling at her humble ways as Carlisle gave a direct nod to Edward as if to say it was a good plan.

It had been more than a good plan, once Sam and the pack had heard of the situation the agreed that the Cullens would take half the night guarding the Swan household and a few members of the pack would come to switch places for them as they hunted. Both Bella and Bayla was nervous for the two working together but both happy they had agreed to try it out. It seemed it would all be okay after all.