Barefeet and energetic

As the night fell upon the dreary town of La-Push Washington the packs members were all in their bed asleep, except for Paul who was beside Bayla, snoring in her ear as the battle took its toll on him.
Jake lied to the left of her, half his body shattered and healing underneath the bandages that sat atop his skin and by the next few days they would be healed.

Harry Clearwater was with the spirits once again, telling them of how he gifted Bayla swan, and they all watched eagerly as she slept, waiting for the moment she would realize her gifts she had been given.
As the sun rose to the sky and the birds chirped softly outside Baylas eyelids opened and she stretched her small body out, accidentally hitting Paul in the face as he groaned with pain .
"Oh I'm sorry!" Bayla whispered, rolling over on her right side to face him.
"Bay! Your awake! Oh thank God your awake!" Paul's aid kissing her forehead, cheeks, and lips over and over as she smiled and let out a few giggles .

"Okay okay, calm down there lover boy" Bayla said, her voice bright and chirpy despite everything she had been through. Paul stopped his manic kisses and looked at Bayla with a confused look.
"How do you feel? Carlisle said you would be out for a few days because you lost so much blood, Bayla what the hell were you thinking!" Paul said, now remembering she had intentionally cut herself.
Bayla layed back and sighed, knowing she would have to explain to everybody just what she had planned so they didn't think she was suicidal.

"I'll explain it to everyone at the same time ... can we go to Emily's?" Bayla asked, sitting up once again and swinging her legs off the bed.
"No baby I don't think that's a good idea, Carlisle said you need rest" Paul said urging her to stay.
Bayla wiggles her feet and moved her hands. She took in a few deep breaths and stood up, waiting to feel dizzy, but surprising herself hen she felt good, better than she had before .
She was full of energy, she was starving, and she wanted to run. Something inside her was telling her to run .

"I feel great Paul. I really do" Bayla said letting out a laugh. Paul looked at her with curious eyes and crossed his arms over his chest.
"Bayla Swan. If your lying to me I swear to God!" Paul's said in a threatening tone .
"Oh Jesus come on, I'm starving" Bayla said as she began to walk.
She looked down at her bare feet and noticed she was in just a large t-shirt and pajama bottoms but shrugged her shoulders, not feeling a chill like she normally would and kept walking .

"Baby how do you feel?" Paul asked. It was about the tenth time he had asked in the last five minutes since they had loaded up into his truck and Bayla only sighed and rolled her eyes at him.
"I told you I feel great Paul. I don't know how to explain it I just feel....good" Bayla said. As they drove she began to think, is that was Harry gifted her with? More energy? The ability to overcome what she have been through? What did he gift her with?

She watched the narrow driveway come into biew and smiled, knowing just a few more minutes she would be surrounded by the pack. As the truck came to a slow stop Paul was quick to jump out and make his way to her door where he helped her out of the truck with a concerned look on his face.
"Baby are you sure-" Paul began to ask but was cut off by Sam's loud voice.

"Paul! The doctor told you she needed to rest! What the hell do you think your doing?!" Sam said, his voice full of anger as he watched the two walk towards him.
"It's my fault Sam..I feel great though I really do ..and I'm just hungry." Bayla said softly, looking down at her bare feet.
"I tried to stop her I swear I did" Paul said with a pleading look at Sam.

"Did I hear you say your hungry?" Emily said peeping out from behind the door way. She smiled at Bayla and held out her arms as Bayla made her way up past Sam and gave her a hug.
"Thank God your alright" Emily whispered as she held her close, pressing a kiss to her head .
"Did you make anything to eat?" Bayla asked, only wanting to fill her belly with the yummy foods Emily always had .

Emily laughed and walked inside, Bayla following closely behind her.
"I have pancakes, eggs, bacon, sausage, fruit, and drinks" Emily said as she began making her a plate.
"That sounds so good... Emily Where's the pack?" Bayla asked as she sat down at the table, crossing her legs underneath her as she patiently waited .
"They'll be over in a minute" Sam said as he walked through the door way.
Bayla smiled as Emily placed the hot food in front of her and Bayla instantly began to eat, Paul and Sam watched as she ate and noticed how much she was eating. She normally picked at her food only eating half the plate but she cleared her plate within minutes and Emily made her another plate, giving Sam a weird look.

Sam looked at Paul and rose his eyebrows and Paul only shrugged, not knowing what was going on or where her energy or appetite had come from. They both watched and made small talk as she ate and Emily continued to cook, knowing the amount of food she had made wouldn't be enough.

Just as Bayla finished up her second plate that was full of food and announced that she was done eating the pack came in the house laughing and hollering as they made their plates .
"Bayla!" Embry said as he noticed her at the table .
The attention was then brought from the food to her. She was the surrounded with giant hugs, kisses to the forehead, and jokes being made mostly by Seth and Bayla was once again smothered in love, happy to be back where she belonged. At home with her pack.