Unanswered Calls

"Do you think there having fun?" Bayla asked as she played with the hem of her blanket.
"What?" Paul asked, confused at who she was talking about .
Bayla rolled her eyes and let a sigh of breathe, annoyed at how he never seemed to pay attention in the important moments.
"Bella and Edward....wedding...honeymoon" Bayla said with raised eyebrows, going over her thoughts pulled with him as he was clearly too caught up in the football game to be paying attention.
"Oh..yea, yea baby I'm sure there having fun" Paul said as his eyes stayed glued to the tv.
Bella and Edward has been gone two weeks, and with the unanswered calls and text messages from Bayla, Charlie and even Jake she was beginning to worry. She had even called Edward but went straight to voicemail,waving her dissatisfied and anxious to why they weren't answering.

She glanced at her phone, seeing it was only 2pm and sighed. She could either sit at Paul's house all day while he catched up on his football he had missed due to patrol or she could drive to the Cullens and try to get some answers. Hesitating, but finally making her mind up she thought of a little white lie.
"Hey I'm gonna go to jakes for a while. I'll be back later okay?" Bayla asked as she pecked Paul's cheek, noticing the stubble that was coming up.
"Yea baby that's fine, be safe and text me when you get there." Paul said, smiling as he felt her warm lips pressed against his cheek.

"Okay, I love you" Bayla said with a soft smile as she pulled back and got up, grabbing the keys on the counter, only turning back to wait for him to return the words she always loves to hear . Paul looked at Bayla, her messy hair pulled up in a bun, the hoodie she had "borrowed" from him that was halfway down to her knees, her fingers playing carelessly with the keys in her hands and smiled, speaking the truth.
"I love you more than you'll ever know"
Bayla smiled a cheeky grin and slipped to his truck, those words always cheering her up.

As she slid into the passenger seat she picked up he'd phone and dialed jakes number, happy when he picked up on the second ring.
"There's my favorite Swan sister, what you up to today?" Jake asked.
"Oh nothing, just headed to the Cullens to see any Bella isn't returning my calls and telling Paul I'm headed to your house...wanna come?" Bayla asked.
She loved how she could tel Jake anything without him farting her out, and jumping at her for being so careless like Paul did.

"Hell Yea, pick me up" Jake said, Bayla could practically hear the smirk over the phone and laughed. She hung up the phone and made her way to his house, a smile on her face and the radio playing softly .
The ride to jakes was fast, with her foot practically flooring down the gas pedal, and as she pulled up she was startled by him practically jumping into the passenger seat and crushing her with a hug. The giggles escaped her mouth and she pulled back with a curious look.
"Glad to see you too" Bayla said as she backed up out of the driveway with Jake laughing beside her, and it seemed like all was well, and in that moment all was.
Jake and Bayla were back best friends, Bayla and Paul we're officially move in with all her stuff scattered throughout the place, and the Cullens and The Pack seemed to be civil with one another.

As they pulled into the driveway of the Cullen house she smiled at the house she hadn't seen since the wedding. She glanced at Jake as the put the truck into park and noticed the nervous look plastered onto his face, he hadn't shown his face since the wedding at Bayla knew he was upset about what happened, but never the less she gave him a big smile as she climbed out of the truck, and as he met her the joined hands and walked up to the porch, surprised when Carlisle had opened up the door for them.

"Alice see us coming?" Bayla asked, knowing he wouldn't of opened it so fast if she hadn't.
"No, we smelt shapeshifters...his scent must be all over you" Carlisle said with a weak smile .
Bayla laughed nervously, knowing she would have to eventually tell them about her knew shape shifting abilities but as Bella's voice drifted through the hall way she ignored that thought and darted ho the steps, happy to see her sister once again.
"Bella?! Why didn't you call me back!" Bayla said as she tried to peek behind Rosalie with no avail to seeing her sister .
"She's been tired lately" Rose said with a soft voice .
"Too tired to call?" Jakes voice broke out, bringing all the attention to him.

"God I could smell you from all the way out in the driveway, you really do stink mutt" Rosalie hissed, watching as Jake got pissed and began to walk with her with a pointed finger.
"Oh you do not want to get me heated right now leech!" Jake hissed back.
Bayla steppes in front if Jake and put her hand sin his chest, pushing him back gently with a scolding look that didn't go unnoticed by Esme who smiled faintly her maternal like ways .
"We did not come here to Fight Jake, now stop it" Bayla said. She watched as jake took a deep breath and nodded his head, only keeping his eyes glue to Rosalie's.
"Rose it's okay, help me up?" Bella's voice cut through.

Bayla noticed how Rosalie hesitated but her face flickered with an unreadable emotion and she turned to help Bella, which was unusual for her. Bayla and Jake watched curiously wondering why she would need help, but as Bella made her appearance both Jake and Bayla gasped, changing everything Bayla has thought about the Cullens.