Red sand gone for good

Bayla had been right, Paul was furious after finding out a "blood sucking demon" as he called it, had been in the house so close to his imprint. He wasn't too happy to find out the Cullens would be watching the swan household before they got there but as Bayla explained they were simply looking out for the two, he had calmed down .
As Bayla searched frantically around the living room her face became flushed and her breaths a tad shallow as she ran around, throwing things lightly around trying to find the jar of sand she had came to love so much.

"I swear it was just here!" Bayla said to no one in particular.
As Jake, Bella, and Edward came through the door Paul only threw them a wary look, hating that his imprint was so upset over a simple jar of sand . Bella watched as her sister lifted up each couch cushion only to throw them down and let out a huff as she rolled her emerald eyes in annoyance.
"Hey bay...whatcha looking for?" Jake asked, crossing his arms over his chest and watching the youngest swan with curious eyes .
Bayla stopped in her track and threw her hands in the air, meeting his gaze for just a split second .
"My jar of sand!" Bayla said annoyed and sad all together.

"It's just a jar of sand baby we can get you-" Paul started to say.
"It wasn't just a jar of sand! It was red sand from Mexico! Mexico paul!" Bayla said as she sat down on the couch, now hanging her head in defeat.
Paul only kept his mouth shut and looked to Jake for help, knowing she was just going to get mad if he said the wrong thing .
"Well..I can go get you some sand from Mexico bay. Won't be a problem with my wolf side in-tact" Jake said showing a wide grin.
Bayla knew he could, and would, but yet it wouldn't be the same. Jasper had given that jar of sand to her after they talked about the beach for close to an hour, it was the jar she held onto tightly when she conversated with the Cullens, shaking it when she got nervous, and surprisingly calming down as she watched the sand swirl around . She thought about telling Jake that but opted not to knowing Paul wouldn't be too happy she was getting close to the Cullens so instead she shook her head no and let out a small sigh, coming to the fact that it was lost for good.

Edward had read Baylas thought and only let a faint smile come to his lips, making a mental note to look around for it later when both the girls and Charlie were asleep.
"Rosalie and Emmett will have first watch, then Jake and Paul, then myself and jasper will take over for them in the morning until the sun comes up" Edward said, mainly talking to Bella as she nodded her head slowly.
"Your not sleeping?" Bayla asked, turning her head towards Paul with concern.
"We don't need as much sleep as you Bay. I'll be fine" Paul said draping his arm over her shoulder and bringing her closer to him.
"Well, I'm headed him till patrol. Unlike Paul I don't want to be tired when I patrol" Jake said looking to Paul with a smirk knowing Bayla would only scold him for not leaving to rest up too .

Before Paul could respond Jake was out the door, laughing as he ran towards the treelike out of view. The two couple stayed in the living room, and the tension in the room could be cut with a knife.
Paul's fiat stayed balled and his back tense, waiting for one small remark, or move to set him off and Edward eyed him every few minutes, reading his all but mind thoughts directed towards him.
"Bella, should we go to your room?" Edward asked, although he knew by Bella's quick movements up the stairs she was already thinking the same thing as he was.

Paul let out a sigh of relief and relaxed, sinking back into the couch as Bayla snuggled further into his side mindlessly twirling her and paisley fingers together as she wondered silently where the jar of sand could be at. She began to think harder and sat up and let out a breath of air, gaining Paul's attention .
"Baby what is it?" Paul asked, confused about her action .
"My dress Alice bought me is gone, my jar of sand jasper gave me..gone. Paul, did you take my things just because you don't like the Cullens?" Bayla asked, looking at him with sad eyes at the thought.
Paul couldn't believe Bayla would ask him that, or even think that about him. Sure he didn't like the Cullens all that well but he wouldn't take her things just because of his dislike .
"What?! No! Bayla are you serious?" Paul asked, feeling a little disbelief at his imprint who was accusing him.
"I mean those are the ONLY two things I saw missing... both from the Cullens..why would those be the only things that are gone?" Bayla asked, crossing her arms over her chest as she glared harshly at Paul.

"I can't believe this. You really think I'd steal your things!? Yea I admit I don't like the Cullens but I'm not going to take your stuff!" Paul said as he got up angrily and glared down at Bayla, his anger quickly making its way up.
Bayla shook her head and rolled her eyes, not knowing what to believe and watched as Paul's eyes grew a shade darker and his fist ball up by his sides.
She didn't care if he was mad, or even upset, she was too upset to realize how crazy she sounded accusing him.

"It's something you'd do" Bayla mumbled, turning her head to the side to not look at Paul's harsh glare.
Paul let out a bigger laugh and walked off a few steps, but before exiting the door he turned around looking at Bayla one last time and saw a few words, not caring if he hurt her feelings or not .
"You know.. I get that your upset and mad that your stupid jar of sand is lost but have you ever thought maybe you just missplaced it? No you didn't. You start throwing the blame around like a immature child. That's all you are. A child. Grow up Bayla. If you really think I'd steal your things you clearly don't know me at all and we're not as close as I thought we were" Paul said.

As those words were said he closed the door with a bang and left, leaving Bayla feeling a little pissed and pained at his words, but mostly annoyed and as she layed her head down for bed that night she skipped her goodnight call to Paul and closed the blinds on her window so he couldn't see it, childish, yet giving her a peace of mind.