Puzzle pieces.

Bayla tossed and turned that night, her mind racing with wild thoughts. Where had her stuff disappeared to? Did paul take it or was he telling the truth? Why would he take it if he did? Who was this intruder that had came into their house? What did the intruder want?
"That's it..that's..that's it!" Bayla said sitting up in her bed and laughing ironically, as she fit the puzzle pieces together. She remembered that her stuff hadn't gone missing until that next day after the intruder came as she woke up. The jar of sand had been in her arms when she fell asleep, she had felt something cold graze her cheek and had woken up to the jar gone so he or she had to have taken her stuff.

The only lingering question was why. Why would he take her stuff? Bayla didn't care, she only knew she had to tell someone. She quite literally jumped out of bed knocking her books to the ground, that Edward had heard. With in the blink of an eye he was standing in her room frantically scanning the room but letting a breath of relief out when he saw it was just Bayla and her clumsy ways.
"You should be sleeping" Edwards melodic voice rang out, sounding like wind chimes compared to the gruffness of Paul's voice.
"I know Edward. I know! I put it all together!" Bayla said with a huge grin, ignoring the fact of sleep.

Bayla paced across her room and began to explain her thoughts to Edward, though she forgot he hadn't needed he to, but he still signed intently, surprised he hadn't figured it out sooner .
"We had a cold one break in our house, right? Strange that a few days before that VICTORIA WAS IN FORKS AND LA-PUSH!" Bayla hadn't meant to get louder and she quickly shit her mouth and listened for any signs of her dad waking up, only to chuckle and continue her rant when he hadn't .

"She had to of sent whoever it was after us, maybe to like...well I haven't gotten that far, but she had to of sent him because she knew if she came back she would get killed. BUT whoever it was took my dress and my jar of sand. I know that for a fact. My sand was in my arms when I fell asleep, I felt something cold touch my cheek and it woke me up, but when I woke up I got wind blowing my hair back, I thought I was just half asleep but it had to have been the intruder right? And my jar was gone, Edward it was gone! They took it! And my dress. It was on my bed hanging just off the side and when I came up stairs, Gone." Bayla said. Her eyes glued to Edwards as he thought about what she was saying and let out a nod.

He had to admit, the way her mind worked, the way her human brain had so easily put the pieces together had impressed him.
"That makes sense. She knew she couldn't come back so she sent someone, but who.. who would she send.. and why. Obviously not to kill, but for what?" Edward said, pacing back and forth as Bayla did the same and the two began to put there brains together and work out different scenarios.
Bayla and Edward were both lost in thought and Bayla was startled when her window was quickly opened and Paul stared climbing through.

Bayla gasped and placed her hand over her heart but let it fall when she saw it was just Paul. Then her horror turned to guilt, knowing she blamed him for something he didn't, he wouldn't do. She and Edward watched as Paul climbed through and stood with a harsh glare, his tan muscular arms crossed over his chest in annoyance.
"Why the hell are you in Baylas room...and why the hell aren't you asleep. It 4 in the morning" Paul said to the both of them.
"Paul.. I know who did it" Bayla said, walking over and placing her small hands on his arms that were still crossed. He looked down at Bayla with a confused look, and glanced at Edward, unsure if she was half asleep, sleep deprived, or making total sense that he just couldn't understand.
"She figured it out...all by herself" Edward said, still amazed at her quick and sharp thinking .

"Figured what out? What the hell are you two talking about?!" Paul said getting a little angered at the closeness of the two.
"Ughh Paul keep up, keep up" Bayla said with a groan as she snapped her fingers and rolled her emerald green eyes, walking behind him to close the window he had left open.
Edward couldn't help but chuckle at Baylas sassy ways and Paul even slipped a small smile as his imprint showed a different side, wether it was from lack of sleep, or pure annoyance he didn't know what was going on.

"Edward, explain" Bayla said, sitting down on her bed and listening as Edward explained just what Bayla has figured out. Paul's expression changed throughout the conversation. Confusion, anger, protectiveness towards Bayla, fear, panic, and confusion again, as the question lingered on for them to figure out.....why?
"Wow.. how did we not figure that out" Paul mumbled, now that he had heard, the pieces did fit together and it made sense. He looked over at Bayla as she sat against the bed, he noticed how her knees were brought up against her chest and her arms wrapped around them as she fiddled with her bracelets on her arms . Her hair fell softly yet wildly with frizzy curls at the end, her eyes glued to the floor but glazed over as her mind wandered to all the possibilities .

He couldn't deny it, she had him damned. Out of the vampires and shapeshifters, a human had figured it out, his own imprint had figured it out before anyone and he was damn proud of her. As Edward paced back and forth, whispering words outloud of possible scenarios before quickly dismissing them .
Paul walked over to the bed and sat softly, pushing a piece of hair behind her ear, not surprised when she didn't even move, too far into thought.

"Baby, let gets some rest. Edward had patrol now" Paul said, giving Edward a small nod as he made his way to the back yard, leaving just the two in her room.
"I have to figure it out..I have to" Bayla mumbled. Bayla yawned and quickly shook her head as Paul let out a chuckle.
He knew Bayla wouldn't want to sleep but he wrapped his arms around her anyways and pulled her down onto the bed , cradled again her chest, and began to rub small circles on her back .

He knew she had fell asleep once he heard the soft snores escaping her lips and her hands twitched ever so slightly as her mind filled with dreams, and he finally closed his eyes letting the drowsiness take over him as he fell into a peaceful slumber.