Days and notes

Days had passed since the fight and each day that passed Bella seemed to become weaker. Bayla kept herself busy with helping Jake patrol the house during the days, helping Bella with whatever she needed, and even helping Esme in the kitchen as she cooked food for the small pack that always hung around, but as night fell she was left with just her thoughts and the silence that hit her like a ton of bricks. No texts or calls from Paul left her aching with hurt, and fearing go what might become of them in the future.

Nevertheless she fell asleep overnight around 11 and apart of her blamed Jasper for that, but another part of her was thankful he was willing to help her, knowing the circumstance. It was a chilly day, the September air bringing a cold uprising to the small town of Forks and bayla was sitting on the front porch reading a book she had loaned from Edward. To lost in her thoughts she didn't notice Jake standing in front of her until he cleared his throat, looking at her with curious eyes.

"What is it?" Bayla asked, fearing the worst.

"nothing, just...when I was patrolling last night Paul met me at the rocks and asked me to give this to you....are y'all okay?" Jake asked as he handed over a small folded piece of paper.

Bayla looked down at it and sighed knowing nothing ever good came from notes and looked back at Jake with a sad look.

"We got in a fight, he told me If I wasn't with them I was against them. I told him I wasn't with anyone but he told me I needed to leave. so I did. Ive been waiting for him to call or something but he hasn't" Bayla said, ignoring the saddened look of jasper as he passed by them. Jake nodded and sat down by her feet, resting his head against them.

"Im sorry Bay. He's an asshole. Seems like everything is all messed up right now huh? Bellas pregnant, im siding with the Cullens for once, I turned by back on my own pack.. Everything is so messed up" Jake said with a long sigh. Bayla ruffled his hair with her hands and shut her eyes tightly, not wanting to speak but knowing Jake was feeling just as bad as she was.

" Yea it is. Me and Bella are actually talking and not fighting meanwhile all me and Paul do is fight, Embry hasn't spoken to me in 3 weeks, Paul probably wants to break up with me, and I don't know if I should even stick around until the babies born.. " Bayla said as she thought about the aftermath of the situation. Jake perked up and turned around, giving her a stern look.

" What do you mean? Are you leaving?" Jake asked, unsure of what to say if she wanted to leave.

" I don't know Jay, Its just, when the babies born and sam and them come for the baby could I go up against them and fight? Fight with Paul? Could I go up agaisnt the Cullens, my own sister? I don't think I could do either, so why should I even be here." Bayla said as she shoved the note into her pocket, not caring what it had to say. It was true, she knew she didn't want to fight with anyone and the best option for her was to leave, yet she didn't want to. She wanted to stand her ground and not back down from anyone, yet she didn't know if she could.

Jake nodded and got up, hearing Bella as she tried to remove herself from the couch despite Edwards protests, and looked at bayla with a kind smile.

" I guess were in this together huh, don't know who to choose, the one we love the most, or the family we have." Jake said as he ran off. Bayla thought about it and he was right. Jake was only siding with the Cullens because he couldnt bear the thought of someone hurting Bella, or the thought of her dying, yet he was turning his back in his family, hurting himself in the process.

Bayla removed the note out of her pocket and began to read:

Bayla,

I don't know how we got to where were at, I don't know how this happened. Apart of me blames the Cullens and your sister, but another part of me blames myself, im an asshole. Im sorry bay. I never meant for you to actually leave. I was just so mad. but you were right, I told you from the beginning I supported your decision and I haven't been supportive at all. Emily explained to me that its your niece and apart of you is going to love it no matter what so im trying to put myself in your position and realize that, its just going to take some time but I will get over it, I have to because I love you and I dont want to lose you so ill understand if you choose to defend it and Ill understand if you don't come back home for a while, hell I wouldn't if I were you, but when you do decide to come back Ill be here waiting for you with open arms and I promise I won't bring up the Cullens anymore, I know its not fair of me to put you through that.. I hope you can forgive me for everything, and I hope when this is all over you will see things from my perspective. Im just trying to protect my loved ones, and most importantly you, from whatever that thing may be, and I hope we can work though this because I miss you bayla. I hope this is all over soon.

- Paul

And as if the words he wrote down were magic it was close to the end. With Carlisle, Esme, Jasper and Emmett off to hunt, it only left Rosalie, Alice, Edward, Jake and Bayla in the household where a turn of events would change history forever.