Army

As Paul and Bayla danced to the music the smiles are the faces was nothing to the amount of joy the felt inside. Bayla had never been to a party, never danced the way she did then, but she felt no anxiety as people jealously watched them, and that's was all to jasper sensing good vibes her way.
Bayla laughed and turned her heels to Paul, taking his hand and leading him to where Bella and Jacob were talking .

"Bella, your party is SO fun!" Bayla said with a huge grin, Paul's arm protectively dangling from her shoulders as he glanced around the room.
"Yea it is Bay" Bella said, only to turn her attention back to Jake.
"Where's Alice, I want to think her for the dress" Bayla said scanning the room for the pixie like vampire who had been more than kind to lend her the dress and heels for the night.
As she scanned the room her eyes fell on Alice who was perched on the step, a dazed look on her face as she stared out into the crowd, though Bayla knew it wasn't the crowd she was seeing, but only a Vision taking her sight .

Bayla quickly ran over and stepped on the step placing her hands on Alices shoulder and speaking just lightly enough for the two of them to hear.
"Alice What is it? What are you seeing?" Bayla whispered, only to be met with dazed eyes as she gasped slightly. Jasper came swiftly to her side and placed his hand on her shoulder, just as she snapped out of her vision.
Bayla had been so concerned she didn't notice Bella, Jake, Quil, Embry and paul standing behind them until she beards Bella voice.
"What is it?" She asked.

"There coming..there coming here" Alice said, and those words sent shivers down Baylas spine.
She was led to Carlisle's office as the party continued and the Cullens as well as the pack members who were there crammed in, questions floating around the air .
"How long?" Edward asked.
"They'll be here in 4 days. When the rain falls at its highest" Alice said, remembering the rain from her vision .
"This could turn into a blood bath..the town..we have to protect it" Carlisle said
"Alice what did you see? Exactly" jasper asked, wanting to know just what she had seen and how much time they had .
"I saw a group of newborns, like an army, passing around Bella's sweater, the jar of dirt you have Bayla and the dress I gave her. They were sniffing it. There coming here, I didn't see anyone one I recognized though...maybe one" Alice said .
"Riley Biers. Local kid who went missing a little over a year ago" Edward said, as he tapped into her mind seeing what she had seen .
"Either way An army is coming and there aren't enough of us to protect the town as Carlisle said" Jasper said, shaking his head slightly.

"I'm sorry but what damn army are we talking about" Paul said as his hands placed on Baylas shoulders, pulling her back into his chest .
"Newborns. Our kind" Carlise said meeting Paul's eyes.
"Are they after Bella and Bayla? Is that why they were passing around there stuff?" Jake asked, taking a stepped forward to Carlisle desk.
"Yes. They are after them" Carlise said, not wanting to lie to the concerned friend .
Bayla shuttered at the thought of vampires coming after her but as she felt Paul's arms snake around the front of her she leaned back and inhaled a deep breath, feeling safe as she was in his arms .

"Well what does this mean exactly?!" Paul asked, his voice getting louder with every question.
Carlisle sighed and met his gaze, knowing he was going to hate what he would say next.
"It means a nasty fight..with lives lost" Carlise said.
Paul felt his anger spike up but quickly took a few deep breaths and looked down at Bayla, letting his nerves calm down before he spoke again.

After a few minutes of silence and silent thought Jacob was the first to speak.
"Alright..were in" he said.
"Do you think Sam will agree to an understanding?" Carlise asked, happy to have the numbers against the newborn army.
"Won't have a choice. Little bay leaf here is part of the pack, we do what we have to to protect our imprints and our packs mates. That's the law" Jake said.
Alice let out a soft smile, happy that Bayla had people to keep her safe and our of harms way, as the rest of the Cullens did.
"No. Absolutely not! You do have a choice. I don't want you guys getting hurt because of me!" Bayla said, her little mind full of worry as her heart beat rapidly in her chest.
Jake turned around and crossed his arms over his chest, but speaking to her with a soft tone, not wanting to do any damage to the fragile girl who was all but shaking in Paul's embrace.

"Bay..I wasn't asking for permission. It's our law, protect the imprints. Your an imprint and we will be fighting" Jake said, watching as Bayla furrowed her eyebrows together and opted to look at the floor instead of him, hinting she was upset at him.
"We will all need some training. Fighting newborns requires knowledge that jasper has. We'll train tomorrow out in the field north of the treaty like. Your welcome to join us" Carlisle said as he got up and exited the office, the conversation now over as the Cullens and pack members exited behind him and continued the rest of there night. Silently all happy when the party was over.

As Bayla layed down that night she knew that both Sam and Paul were outside of her house patrolling the area but yet it offered her no comfort and she tossed and turned well into the night until Paul came up and she drifted to sleep as he spoke gently to her of her safety. N