Good Times

As Paul heard Bayla coming out of the room he quickly put away the ring and stood up, embracing her in a hug when she came into view. Bayla giggled and hugged back, pressing a kiss to his lips as they departed.

"What was that for?"Bayla asked. As she looked up into his warm brown eyes she smiled and felt the worries in her head wash away and felt the calming sensation he alway seemed to provide for her in the most worrisome of times.

" I just love you" Paul said, as he peered down at his imprint, noticing her jacket that was carelessly slung around her waist.

"And I love you... um.. I was gonna go see Renesmee.." Bayla said as she looked down, hoping he wouldn't get upset. Paul nodded, knowing she had every right to do so and he smiled, took a deep breathe in and responded, surprising even himself.

"Can I meet her?"

The words caused bayla to look at his surprised and smiled widely, as if he had just given her good news and she slung her arms over his neck kissing his cheeks over and over as he laughed.

"Yes! yes! Of course you can! Come on, oh my gosh Paul your going to LOVE her!!!" Bayla said as she let go and practically ran to the door, happy when Paul followed behind her.

"So what should I expect?" Paul asked as he sat passenger seat, watching as bayla sped through the green light. She thought for a moment and smiled.

"The unexpected" She said with a devious grin. Paul rolled his eyes and laughed, knowing she was going to give him some type of crap answer. Bayla laughed along and turned up the radio, loving how the day was already going and happy that for once everyone seemed to be trying to get along with one another.

As they pulled into the Cullen household Emmett and Carlise were the first to come out onto the porch, not wanting a fight to breakout as they smelled shapeshifters. Bayla and Paul both got out of the truck, Emmett sending Paul and death glare while Carlisle watched hesitantly.

"Bayla..Paul. Is everything alright?" Carlise asked as he gave Paul an uneasy look.

Bayla interlocked her fingers with Pauls as they made their way to the porch and offered them both a smile.

"Yes, we are all on the same page here. Paul wanted to meet Renesmee" Bayla said with a huge grin. Emmett scoffed and crossed his arms over his chest.

"Yea right, did sam send you here? I don't believe it for one second, I saw you last night, snapping at Alice trying to get to Renesmee" Emmett said with a heated look as Paul tried to remain calm and peaceful for Baylas sake.

"Actually if you would have watched him a little more Emmett you would have seen he switched over to join us before Jake came out of the house screaming like a banshee" Bayla said in Pauls defense, watching as Emmett scrunched up his eyebrows in confusion.

"Thats why you let out that growl... never heard that one before" Carlise said as he realized that he had seen correctly. Paul nodded and gripped baylas hand just a tad harder as he spoke.

"That lets the shifters know we've chosen a side or changed who's side were on, its used during battle mostly, but I had no way to let them know other than doing that" Paul said, showing Carlisle he meant no harm to them or the baby. Bayla smiled along side him and Carlise smiled, holding his hand out as Paul shook it and gave him a small nod.

"Emmett, make way." Carlise said, as he brushed past him. Emmett, who was still wary of Paul, moved out of the way and followed them into the house with his arms still over his chest as the Cullens watched warily.

"Family, Paul here means no harm , last night he actually began to fight along side us before Jacobs big heroic act... he is here to meet Renesmee, I want everyone on their best behavior.. Rose" Carlise said, looking at Rose as she looked at Paul with distaste but nodded to what Carlise said.

The Cullens all nodded in agreement and Esme perked up , hoping to put her skills to use.

"Are you took hungry? Thirsty?" Esme said, giving the two a hopeful look. Even though the two had already eaten, and were both still full Bayla spoke up and squeezed Pauls hand so he wouldn't disagree.

"I could use a cup of coffee, what about you Paul?" Bayla asked, looking up at Paul with a look that only he knew.

"Yes, coffee would be great" Paul said, nothing how Esme clapped her hands and sped off in the kitchen, as if it were the most exciting thing in the world.

Bayla looked around the room and focused her eyes on the now 6 moth old infant who was trying to crawl in the floor as Rosalie sat next to her. Bayla frowned and looked at Carlisle.

"She grew..how?" Bayla asked. Carlisle sighed and Paul looked at the infant, surprised at how she wasn't smaller as he expected her to be.

"it seems she has a little of us in her. She continues to grow, and im not sure when she will reach full growth, only time will tell." Carlise said with a frown as he explained, noticing how bayla seemed to be forcing herself to smile despite the not so good news.

"Well that's okay. Im sure you will figure it out. Come on Paul, ill introduce you." Bayla said as she guided him to the child wiggling around. Bayla carefully lifted her up and laughed when Renesmee smiled a gummy smile at her as if she remembered who she was.

"Paul this is Renesmee, Renesmee this is Paul" Bayla said, as she looked at Paul. Although Paul was wary of her at first it all seemed to be washed away as he looked at her. He smiled and took her from bayla as she held her out for him, and smiled harder when she giggled in his embrace.

It was then he realized just how much joy a child could bring into the world and knew he would one day want one of his own. Looking at bayla as she smiled at the two of them, he saw a look In her eyes he had never seen before and knew she was thinking the same thing, not noticing how Edward seemed to frown at the two of them, knowing what he knew.