Harrys Visit

As the pack joined Bayla at the table with their plates in their hands, Paul took his place beside Bayla taking her hand into his own as the questions began .
"Soo...why'd you do it?" Embry asked, hanging his head to avoid her gaze .
Bayla sighed and let out a small chuckle, everyone looking to her for an answer .
"I'm not suicidal if that's what your all thinking...Edward needed help....see Victoria and Riley found us, Seth took Riley out no problem" Bayla begin, looking at Seth as he smiled ear to ear from her praise.

"But Victoria was close to killing Edward. I knew I couldn't fight her, I mean I'm just me, I knew the only way I could help was with a distraction so Edward had enough time to kill her so I cut.. I told her she could kill me if she left the pack, the Cullens, and Bella alone. One life for many." Bayla said softly.
Paul shook his head and took a few deep breaths.
"You sacrificed yourself for us?" He asked, a little angry, but a little grateful he had such an amazing imprint.

"I just wanted everyone to be safe...you guys were all risking your lives for me..it wasn't right" Bayla said looking as each pack member looked at her with admiration, even Leah who was surprised at this swans unselfish ways.
"But there's something else...something I don't understand" Bayla said as her eyebrows scrunched up in confusion.

Sam leaned forward on the table and looked at her with curious eyes as well as all the pack members and even Emily.
"What is it Bayla?" He asked, wanting to know what else she had done .
Bayla sighed and shook her head a little, knowing she was going go sound crazy to the pack, and Paul rubbed her hand with his telling her to go on.
"Your not gonna believe me" Bayla said but the pack only continued to stare at her.
"I saw harry.. I mean I know he's gone, but I saw him. I talked to him." Bayla said looking at Sam so she knew he was serious .

Sam sat back in his seat and rubbed his jaw. He had heard of spirits visiting those close to death but wasn't sure if it was just her imagination or not .
"What did you talk about?" Sam asked, taking a bite of his pancake.
"See you don't believe me!" Bayla said a little hurt.
"No no, Bayla I do. I mean.. I've heard myths that the spirits visit us when we're close to death and they guide is to heave or back but I just...Ive never known anyone to speak of it before" Sam said honestly, looking at Paul for a split second as she only looked at Bayla with wide eyes.

"I mean..we talked about everything. Literally. I told him about Seth and Leah and how good they were doing. I talked about the Cullens and how close we have came. I mentioned everyone here. He asked me what happened so I told him and then...." Bayla said but stopped not knowing if she should tell them or not .
Embry leaned forward, completely engrossed, and babes his fist on the table lightly .
"And then what?!" He asked, getting a warning look from Sam.

"Okay okay.....it was weird. He said something about I was worthy...but I don't know what he meant by that. He just kept saying I was worthy because of my loyalty and sacrifice . He said that he had gifted me. He had blue smoke come out of him that turned to a wolf but then it came to me and I just breathed it in. Then he said something about telling peanut brain and feather butt he is happy, healthy, and looking over them and telling you all he loves you but before I could say anything else he gave me a kiss on the forehead and he left, I didn't even get to say goodbye" bayla said with a hurt tone laced in her voice .

Bayla noticed Seth and Leah turn white and look at each other with wide eyes and Sam's normal face had turned ghostly white and he stared at Bayla with a blank expression .
"H-he said that? Those exact words?" Sam managed to say.
Bayla nodded her head and gave him a weird look, noticing how Leah and Seth had slowly walked out of the house and Sam was still staring at her .

"Why do you look like that? What did I say?" Bayla asked looking to Sam with sad eyes .
Sam took a moment to compose himself but finally cleared his throat and spoke up.
"Those we're nicknames for Leah and Seth. Only Harry ever called them that. No one else. I hadn't even known until Harry told me one day by mistake but he made me swear on the Bible to never mention it...there's no way you knew those nick names " Sam said as he placed his hands together in his lap.

"I told you, he told me . I didn't know who he was talking about..but why those nicknames?" Bayla asked, wanting to know the stories behind them .
"I can't tell you that...you said he gifted you.. with what?" Sam asked, narrowing his eyes at her with curiosity.

Bayla shrugged her shoulders and sunk back in her chair as the pack continued to watch and listen to her .
"I don't know, he didn't tell me with what.. and he left before I could ask." Bayla said, now wondering what he would be gifting her with.
They conversation was put to an end when Bella came through the front door, her eyes wide and her hands twitching . She ran towards Bayla and wrapped her in a hug, scolding her as she lack smirked at her protective ways .

The only thing Bayla could thing about was the god awful smell coming from her.
"God Bella you stink so bad like rubbing alcohol mixed with gasoline" Bayla said, her nose glaring at the stench that seemed to linger .
The pack went silent as Bella pulled away and gave her a weird look and suddenly they knew just what Bayla Swan had been gifted with.