Talks with jake.

It had been two weeks since Bayla had left Forks, and as much as she loved the warm sunny weather Florida promised, the waves that felt calming as they rushed over her small feet that she buried in the sand, the stars that seemed to shine a little brighter under the palm trees as she layed out in a hammock at night, she desperately missed La-Push.
The green trees that surrounded the dreary small town, the rain that soothed her as she fell asleep late at night, and mostly the friends that had become like family.

She glanced at her alarm clock that read 3:42am and frowned, she knew Jake was fast asleep, yet she longed to hear his voice. She picked up her phone and dialed his number, pressing the phone against her ear and waiting.

Ring, ring, ring, ring.
Bay! Is that you? [jake]
Hey Jake [bayla]
Damn it's good to hear your voice again. I was beginning to forget what it sounded like [jake]
(Chuckling)
I miss you jake [bayla]
I miss you too , we all do... are you coming home? [jake]

Bayla sighed and rolled over on her bed, mindlessly playing with the hem of her t shirt as she spoke to Jake. She reached it up and saw the stitches that reminded her of the beast that had finally hurt her, despite her protest it would never happen.

I don't know... I miss it but.. I don't know [bayla]

Look..I know paul hurt you, and I know he hurt you even more when you left but bay you have to come back. This is where you belong. You two are destined to be together. You can't let one small thing tear you apart... if it makes you feel any better everyone's been beating him up about it since he got back. [jake]

(Bayla laughs at the end comment Jake makes then becomes serious again)

What if he leave again. I don't think I can take it..it hurt so bad jay.. I thought I was going to die. At a point I wanted to just so I wouldn't hurt anymore. I don't know if I can see him without falling apart again [bayla]

So? Fall apart. I'm here to put you back together again. Paul's here. And I can tell you he's not leaving again. He feels horrible. He barely eats, barely sleeps.. he's barely getting by without you. Your all he thinks about, I see it in the mind link and it's killing him as much as it's killing you [jake]

Bayla sat for a minute without responding, hating the idea of Paul being so upset. She felt the tear slowly make its way down her face and quickly wiped it away, only silence filling the conversation as Jake waited for a response.

I love him jake.. and that scares me.. it all scares me so much. I don't want to hurt anymore jay.. I just want things to go back but he left, and I feel it. I feel everything and it's killing me. I just miss him so much. [bayla]

As Jake listens to Baylas cry's he thought about telling her Paul was listening from Sam's kitchen as they all were but he didn't. Instead he told her it would all be okay and urged her to come back to La-Push and try again.

I'll think about it jay. I just need some time.....I'm..I'm gonna go to bed. I'll talk to you soon, goodnight jake.

And so she did. Her eyes closed and for the first time she fell asleep with out night mares to wake her or leave her gasping for air .
For the first time in a long time she slept peacefully as she dreamt of La-Push and the green scenery it provided.

Paul sat 3,000 miles away at the small kitchen resting his head in his hands, gruffly running free hand through his now stubbles beard he hadn't had the energy to shave.
"Why did you tell her I was hear! I could of talked to her!" Paul said, giving a ride look to Jake who was now sitting down in front of him .
"Because she doesn't need to talk to right now..she needs to heal first" Jake said, knowing it was the truth .

Paul slammed his hand on the table and got up, storming out of Emily's house as his anger began to spike up . He hadn't meant to hurt Bayla, everyone knew that, and yet they all blamed him. Even Paul blames himself, because after-all, there was no one else to blame.
Paul had Ben gone a week, not wanting to be near Bayla for her safety but when he returned and found out she was gone the sadness began to consume him and he was sure if it was his own, or Baylas pain he was feeling, her he didn't care. He just needed her back, needed to hear her voice, feel her small lips pressed against his. He needed her and nothing would stop him from getting her.

He quickly took our his phone and called her, only to sent to voicemail.

Bayla...it's Paul...I can't tell you how sorry I am. Sorry for hurting you..sorry for leaving. I just couldn't be around you after what I did, I thought if I left and got away for a bit we could both get some space but I was wrong. I should have never left and I know that now..can you please call me back, I need to hear your voice. I need to know your okay.
I promise Bay I will never leave you again, I swear to God himself I will never hurt you again either. I love you Bayla Swan. I love you so much just please please call me back

As Paul ended the call he did something he hadn't done in a while, he bowed his head a prayed, silently letting the tears fall down as his imprint slept soundly not knowing he had even called.