Side.

As Bayla sat at the edge of Sam's table, her hands shook underneath and she tried to settle her breathing, and despite Paul rubbing her back wondering what she was going to say it was comforting her in any way. The pack sat, waiting to here what she would say and Sam cleared his throat, urging her to go on.  Bayla let out a deep breath and nodded, finally getting enough courage to speak.

"I won't pick a side. I can't. And I know what your all going to say, that I have no choice, but I do.
I'm not full shapeshifter like you all are, I'm still half human , I wasn't born into this world of shapeshifters and vampires. That being said Bella's still my sister." Bayla begin watching as Sam shit his eyes tightly, not wanting to get angry.
"I don't agree with the situation at all, but I will go to check on her, spend time with her while she's still alive. I won't defend her when the time comes, but don't expect me to join the fight with y'all because I won't... I don't want anyone mad at me, and I won't apologize for my choice so I hope you all still love me" Bayla said as she swallowed the lump in her throat .

The pack looked at Sam, knowing he had main opinion and watched as he unclenches his amidst and nodded, then tension slowly fading away.
"I didn't expect you to choose a side... I'm just surprised you figured it out so soon. We will all respect your decision and allow you at both the Cullens and here in the reservation, but we won't end our discussions when you come around, I don't want to upset you, you know that, but I have to keep Emily and everyone else around me safe too." Sam said looking at Bayla as the pack listened in.
Bayla nodded and smiled a weak smile, though all she wanted to do was cry .
"So you don't hate me?" She asked, her voice a met whisper as Emily rolled her eyes and walked over to the young girl, hugging her with all the strength she had .

"Like we could ever hate you. Your family baby girl" Emily said as she looked at Sam to say something, but instead he focused his attention to the pack.
"Emily is right. She is family, when it comes time no one harms Bayla, I know no-one here would but I'm just making that clear. Now..let's discuss this matter" Sam said.
The pack nodded as Paul only furrowed his eyebrows up at Bayla's decision, but listened as Sam spoke .

Bayla removed herself from the table, knowing she didn't want to hear what they had to say and went to sit on the porch. The wind brushed past her softly and she let out a deep breathe. Apart of her imagined Sam yelling at her, while another part imagined him forcing her to choose. Either way she was happy it hadn't gone down like that and she tried to settle her nerves. She didn't know what to think at the moment, her sister, whom she loved so much was pregnant with a vampire or human, that of which they wouldn't find out until birth, a potential threat to everyone around her, including herself and that scared her. Then there was the chance her sister wouldn't make it and she would be left without a sister.

The pack, who was her family now, wanted nothing more than to destroy it in order to save there own family against the monstrosity she had brought into the world while Bella wanted nothing more than to keep the baby and raise it with Edward, wether it was a vampire or human did not matter to her.
All had different opinions, and there weren't many options, but Bayla knew there was nothing she could do other than try to keep the peace.

"Hey" Paul's husky voice trailed behind her, snapping her out of her thoughts and bringing her back to reality.
"Hey.." Bayla spoke softly, unsure of how he felt about her decision.  Paul sat down next to her and put his arm around her waist, leaning his head against hers.
"I'm sorry" Paul said as he breathed in the scent of his imprint, reminding him again just how lucky he was. Bayla scrunched her eyebrows up in confusion, as she wondered why he would be sorry.
"For what?" Bayla asked.

Paul sighed and rubbed her arm gently as he spoke.
"About all of this..Bella..the thing that's inside her....Sam's decision. I know it's hard on you, I can see your trying to hid it but I know you." Paul spoke, knowing on the inside she was falling apart just as everyone expected her to. Bayla closed her eyes tightly, not wanting to cry, and wrapped her arms around her torso as if it would help her get through the tough time .
"I just hate this. I hate how I'm right in the middle of it all. Everything was going so well..when will it end? Is this my life now?" Bayla asked as she looked at Paul, tears threatening to spill out as he searched for the answers he didn't know .

Instead of offering her words he only likes her closer and wrapped his arms around her as she rested her head against his chest, the warmth feeling good as it hit her cheek. She smiled softly, already feeling better knowing Paul wasn't mad at her, but the smile fell as Embry and Jared walked out onto the porch and Sam's voice broke the silence.
"Just patrol the area and report back to me. If any changes occur you let me know and we'll kill the damn thing"

Bayla sniffled as the tears then spilled out and buried her head into Paul's chest as he let out a small growl, hating to see her in the shape that she was .
It was already taking a toll on her and he wasn't sure what the months would do to her if Bella didn't deliver soon.