Part 14: My dogs a couch potato

It is currently three am and I want a milkshake terribly bad.

This is worse then my period cravings for grandmas chocolate cake.

Silently climbing out of my bed, I throw on my sweatpants since I already have a hoodie on then I grab my phone off of the night stand and make my way downstairs.

Making my way downstairs walking fast so I don't get caught by my brothers.

Okay I'm gonna shut up now.

I make my way to the kitchen and grab my keys off of the counter, just as I was about to open the door little Hazel came sauntering into the kitchen to get a drink of water but stopped mid drink and came running to my legs.

"Hey girl you wanna go with mama to get a milkshake?" I quietly pick her up and place her on my chest as she nuzzles her little nose on my face.

Hazel simply licked my cheek which I took as a yes.

I quickly make my way to my car and place Hazel in the passenger seat as I back out of the drive way.

Thank the good lord I parked in the yard.

As I drive into town little Hazel decides to plop down in lap which makes her fall asleep a second later.

My dogs a couch potato, or lap potato. I don't know, she does prefer my bed so maybe she's a bed potato.

I finally make my way into town which leaves me to my decision of picking where I wanna eat.

I could go to the diner since it's twenty four hours, or I could go to Waffle House.

I look down to Hazel for help but that didn't work since she's currently knocked out on my lap.

I decide on the diner since Waffle House is full of men, no offense to men I just don't want to put myself in a wrong position.

When I pull up to the diner I put Hazel in my purse since I really don't want to leave her in the car.

Right as I open the door to the diner a loud truck pulls up in the parking space right beside mine.

How the cheese ball did he know I was going here.

Clayton hops out of his truck and waltzes over to me and slings his arm over my shoulder.

"Hey big sister lets go order some food I'm starving."

Clayton's walks over to one of the back booths plops down and kicks his feet up on the other side.

I sit down and place my purse beside me so I could keep a eye on Hazel then I look up and see Clayton looking at me with a cheesy grin.

"I saw you leave so I tracked you on life 360 and followed you here."

"What were you even doing up this early?"

"I had a major craving for milkshakes so I came here."

Clayton nods then turns his attention to the nice old lady who takes our order every time.

"Elizabeth and Clayton what are y'all doing up at this ungodly hour?" Beth asks with a look that our grandma gives.

"Well Elizabeth was craving milkshakes so I followed her here since I am an amazing brother who doesn't want his sister getting hurt."