Part 36: Lord Help Me

Noah's POV: December 31st

"Hey buddy, you wanna go to a little hangout with the boys? Just us, no girls just the guys with fireworks, beer, and football." Matt asks as he slowly enters my room.

"Why are you acting like I'm gonna fucking hit you? You can come in here." I say as I yank a sweatshirt over my head that smells just like fucking Elizabeth.

Shit.

"Well last time someone tried talking to you, you kinda broke their jaw."

Because they deserved it.

"Yeah because they said something rude about Elizabeth and you know I don't take that shit."

"Well do you wanna go or not?"

"Sure" I go into my closet and slip on my boots I walk out and find Matthew eyeballing my outfit.

"What," I grunt out as I put my wallet and keys in my sweatpants pocket.

"Sweatshirt, sweatpants and boots great fashion choice."

"Do you want me to go or not?" Matt nods then walks out of my room with me right behind him.

When I get down the stairs mom is in the living room tossing wood into the fire, I laugh when dad tries to come up behind her and take the wood but she is one persistent little lady.

"Walker get your hands away from  me or I swear to sweet baby Jesus, I will take this wood and whack you in the face with it."

Ooo she sounds angry.

"Hey mama, hey dad" I say with a wave and a little smile.

"Look mama! Bubbas smiling!" Arabelle yells then runs over to me and clings to my legs. I pick her up and toss her on my shoulders. She lets out a giggle and clings her arms tighter around me.

"Are you guys going out?" Mom asks with a big bright smile. "Yes ma'am." Matt answers as he takes Arabelle from my shoulders and starts tickling her.

"We're going to a New Years get together with the guys." Mom nods but that bright smile turns into a scowl when she see's dad out of the corner of her eye trying to put the wood in the fire.

"You bozo I'm doing it!"

"Alright Matt you ready to go?" I ask him while walking towards the door.

"Yep," Matt places a kiss on Arabelle's cheeks then sets her down and follows me out the door.

"Bye sweetie! Bye Matthew! Don't drink and drive! Make wise decisions!" Mom yells to us as we close the front door and head to Matt's truck because we sure as hell ain't driving mine.

Half way down the road I reach for the aux chord and Matt groans. "Please no yee yee shit," he groans out while I roll my eyes.

"Bitch you like this song so shut up." I grumble out as I press play then toss my phone on the dash.

I ended up playing a song by Riley Green. Matt sings to himself while I roll down the window and stare at the skyline above the mountains.

Once the song ends Matt grabs my phone and scrolls through my music, I rest my chin on my arm and continue looking at the sky while the next song starts and damn, this shit puts me in my feels.

"She got the best of me! She broke my heart!" Me and Matt both belt out as we drive down these old roads.

We arrive to Bryce's hunting camp out in the mountains, just about near Chattanooga all the guys are already out there around the fire laughing and drinking beer.