Part 33"Well, Welcome Home"

Unedited:::

"We are not doing this right now." I go to walk away but Noah grabs my hand and gently turns me back around.

"Yes we are, we are going to sit down and talk this out like adults."

I go to get up but Noah stands up at the same time and pushes me down.

"Why are you ignoring all of my calls? It's like ever since we got back from Alabama you have been pushing me away."

I look away and bite my lip to hopefully keep the tears in. "I'm not pushing you away"

Stop lying to him Elizabeth, yes you are.

"Ever since we got back you have barely spoke to anyone, your not eating, you don't leave your room, you have had your phone turned off, your door is always locked, and the main reason I know upset is because you wouldn't even let your dad talk to you and he has always been your shoulder to cry on." Noah try's to hold my hand again but I push them away and stand up.

"I want to be left alone so please do not follow me." I walk out of his house and quickly get in my car.

Elizabeth why are you pushing away the person who cares the most about you?

Once I'm out of Noah's neighbourhood I make the most rash decision ever and drive right onto the interstate.

I press the little microphone on my steering wheel and wait for the little 'beep'

"Call dad"

It rings once before dad picks up.

"Elizabeth where the hell are you going?"

"I can't be here anymore dad I mentally can't take it anymore. I hate it here and I have hated it every minute, the only reason I stayed was for your job and Noah, I'm driving down to Alabama and I'm gonna stay with grandpa."

Dad goes silent before he clears his throat and finally speaks up. "Do you want to move back? I can go down to the school tomorrow and get your papers sent back to Lee Scott."

"Yes I want that more than anything."

"Have you called grandpa and told him you were driving down there?"

"No, but I will"

"I'll do it, but I want you to turn around and come back home to pack your stuff up."

"Dad-"

"No arguing I said now" He sounds angry so I know not to argue.

"Yes sir"

I hang up then make a u-turn back into Trenton.

Twenty minutes later I'm back at home and throwing clothes into my suitcases.

I was yanking sweatshirts off my hangers when my bedroom door busts open and in walks a angry tear stained faced Clayton.

"You are not moving back to Alabama! Fuck no you are not leaving! You are my fucking best friend you are not leaving me here."

I continue to put things into my bag without looking up because I know once I look up Clayton's face will make my guilt ten times worse.

"Elizabeth, you are not leaving." Clayton pulls me into a hug and starts to cry into my neck.

"Clayton I can't be here anymore! I know I'm being selfish and I know that this is gonna hurt but you know what life's not fair and I have learned this in the last month so please don't make this hurt worse."

I back out of the Clayton's grasp and finish up my packing. I go to my vanity and put all of my jewellery in a box then into my duffle bag. I stop when my hand lands on the picture of me and Noah taken the week I first came here.