Chapter 2: Reveal

Key:
Y/n = your name

You and your dad enter a small room with a couple of desks coupled alongside filing cabinets, paperwork and miscellaneous robotic pieces. In front of you, along the wall, is a giant glass window, but what's on the other side of it catches your full attention. It's the animatronic that you have waited to see for an eternity.

You gasp. "That one's Bonnie!"

He chuckles. "Yes! Correct, y/n."

You look back over to the purple bunny. It's being propped up by a beam of some sort that has two poles wrapping around both its shoulders – eyes closed and not moving an inch. On closer inspection, you see a cute little red bow tie on it.

"That's oddly adorable. When did you finish him—she... It?" you stutter.

"We only finished him – it's meant to be a guy – a couple of weeks ago but we're still tweaking,  fixing and adding things."

You nod. "Wait. If the restaurant is Freddy's, wouldn't you make that one first?"

"Well, we didn't want to stuff something up on the main man Freddy and we do have a backup if we stuff this one."

You give him a questioning look.

"Foxy. If we do something wrong on Bonnie and have to discard him, we'll use Foxy and if we don't, Foxy will get his own little show," your dad explains.

"Oooh."

~~~~~~~~~~

He laughs and walks up towards a single door to the left of the window, motioning for you to follow. You happily stroll over to him so your dad pushes the handle down and the door slowly creaks open, building that little kid excitement you had before. Your dad leads you into the room, with you following close behind.

"Taadaaaa!" He makes jazz hands toward Bonnie.

You step through the doorway – head leading – and see Bonnie, but this time he doesn't have his eyes closed; they are open and he's looking in your direction.

"Isn't it cool?" Your dad walks over to Bonnie.

You merely stand here for a quick second before going after him.

~~~~~~~~~~

You stop just beside Bonnie, so your dad is on his left and you're on his right.

"You wanna take a guess at how long it took to just make his suit?" your dad asks.

"A loooong time I gather?" You smile.

"It was bloody expensive too!" He walks away to a table. "We had to buy the exact amount of material so we could save some money."

"Why's the material so expensive?"

"Because it's so nice I guess. Like it's soft but stable sort of thing – i-it's hard to explain, just touch him and you'll see."

You look up at Bonnie and he just sticks his arm up in front of you which, admittedly, surprises you slightly. The movement is very smooth, however, not like the stiff motion one expects with a robot; there also aren't any squeaks or noises when he shifts. It's like a human. Slowly, you place your hands on his forearm and immediately you notice how soft it is. It's not fluffy or furry – it's fuzzier, but only slightly. You apply a tiny amount of pressure to it and his forearm dips inward with your finger ever so slightly. You're beginning to understand what your dad meant.

~~~~~~~~~~

"The material is stiff enough to do what it needs to do but not enough that he's, like, rock solid," your dad says. "It's like a strong but cuddly thing."