Chapter 5: Electric Shock

Key:
Y/n = your name
Y/d/n = your dad's name

You sit and wait for Des to walk over to the table, which he does very enthusiastically, nearly breaking into a sprint. You notice how he looks at Bonnie; a firm, almost disgusted look. Maybe he's not comfortable with an animatronic that seems to be able to think and do things on its own command – which is kind of understandable. He seems to be trying to say something to Bonnie with his eyes, though you don't know what. Des takes the chair where your dad had been previously sitting in.

"So, what do you think of it?" He nods in Bonnie's direction.

"I like him..."

You look over to Bonnie and he's still acting like how he was with your dad; stiff and dead.

"Well we still have a lot of work to do so it can function stably."

"He already seems stable though."

"Seems..." Des glares at Bonnie and shakes his head. "Come with me for a moment, y/n."

He gets up and pulls your arm to get you to do the same. You question him but he just drags you behind him towards the exit. When you look behind you, back at Bonnie, you just wave. He does wave back and tries to smile but it's not how he usually smiles at you.

~~~~~~~~~~

Des pulls you all the way out of both rooms and stops when he closes the final door.

"Has your dad talked about its uh....episodes?" he asks, seriously.

"No...."

He sighs. "Something happened and we're still trying to find the problem area, but... Sometimes it will just snap and go violent."

Your eyes widen. "What!?"

"Why do you think he's connected to that pole? Or why I had to stay with you when your dad left?"

"I've been alone with Bonnie before."

"Your dad probably had the camera tablet and shock button."

"Shock?"

"We have this little button on us that when pressed with shock him so he'll go into emergency shut down and stop whatever he's doing. It's for safety," he explains.

You merely stare at him, eyes wide and mouth agape. Is he serious? He looks like he is, but Bonnie seems so nice and harmless.

"He didn't try anything though," you say.

"It's probably waiting for the right moment...like when it knows that no one is watching and that no one can save you."

You shake your head in disbelief.

"I'm sorry, y/n. I know how excited you were to see that thing." He places a hand on your shoulder. "Why don't we go see some more of the tech?"

"My bag's still in there."

"I'll get it." Des walks back into the room.

You stand there for a moment, trying to process all the information you were just given. For some reason, you decide to poke your head through the door and see something horrible. Des is shocking Bonnie, your bag in his hand. Bonnie is on his knees but then Des shocks him again and that's when he falls completely to the floor.

~~~~~~~~~~

You stumble back from the door and cover your mouth. Did Bonnie attack him? You aren't left with your thoughts for very long as Des bursts through the door and quickly shuts it behind him. He hands you your bag with a smile and you try to conceal your horror-ridden face, deciding to not ask him about what just happened for some reason.