Chapter 35: Tranquility

Key:
Y/n = your name

Very slowly, you wake up, already in a bad mood as you roll over carelessly to find yourself in an empty bed. You sigh and sink even further into the bed and underneath the covers when you begin to hear a lovely sound coming from outside your room. Bonnie is playing his acoustic guitar. You smile and sit up, consciously deciding to not change out of your pajamas because, reasons. You get up out of bed and head to the living room where you presume Bonnie is.

"Morning, cupcake," he says when you walk around the corner.

"Morning." You try your best to smile for him.

"Still feeling off?"

You huff, turning around to look outside a window.

"Y/n..." He gets up.

"I don't know what to do," you say.

Bonnie moves to be behind you and hugs you, nuzzling your hair.

"It'll be ok. We'll figure out what's giving you this feeling eventually."

You mumble and hold his arms, still staring out of the window. Bonnie kisses the top of your head before letting you go.

"We will, I promise," he says.

He walks away and back to the couch to collapse on it again, grabbing his guitar. You stare at him for a moment about to move and sit next to him but a random urge to go outside hits you so you spin back around. You go to the door that leads to your tiny, poor excuse for a backyard and open it, letting the fresh air fill you before stepping outside. You grab a chair and drag it onto the small lawn so you can sit in the center without being cramped in any way. The sun shines brightly as you sit down. Bonnie silently enters the outside not too long after you and just stares at you after closing the door behind him.

~~~~~~~~~~

He can't help it. He stands there and watches as your hair perfectly flows in the gentle breeze and the sun flawlessly hits your body making a beautiful glow on your skin. You seem to pop out against the green environment around you so it's impossible to look anywhere else but you. Bonnie can't stop gawking at you, completely enraptured by your, everything. His perfect angel. He can't stop smiling either. Everything is perfect – to him at least. Eventually, he takes one step forward in your direction. The closer he gets the more he smiles as more gorgeous details about you come into view and feed his wanting eyes by merely existing. You turn around when Bonnie gets close enough for his footsteps to be heard.

"Hi, honey bunny," you say.

"Hey, my darling."

He sits down next to you on his knees, since even then he is the same height as you, and holds one of your hands, the other on your shoulder. You both smile at each other lovingly. You lean in closer to him so your head is comfortably resting on his shoulder and you can slowly start to completely relax into him as you breathe him in. Bonnie gently moves one of his hands to your head so he can gradually stroke your hair as he nuzzles into your forehead, occasionally kissing it.

"What made you come out here, cupcake?" he asks in a deep voice.

"I don't know really. I guess I just wanted some fresh air," you say shyly.

"That's alright."

Bonnie en-laces your fingers and his together on your free hands, so both of you can feel even closer together. You murmur softly.

"Tell me what's on your mind, muffin," he says.

You let out a long sigh as you try to fight off this strange urge to slide off the side of the chair and onto Bonnie's lap.

"Mainly Des, and I guess a little bit about my dad too, and the restaurant being built and the rest of the crew but those ones are good thoughts and I guess what's going to happen in the next couple days, and this weird feeling I've been having, but—Mm!"

Bonnie cuts you off with a romantic kiss right on the lips, which you immediately sink into while giving in to the want of falling off the chair and onto his lap.

"Everything will be ok, my precious little sweetheart. Just focus on today and then tomorrow, focus on that day. There's no point in worrying about things that might not even be a problem," he says, calmly.

"Until it does turn into a problem."

"Y/n...what did I just say?"

"Sorry...sorry."

"Just relax, for me." He pulls you closer on his lap.

You mumble and kiss his jaw so he looks down at you to properly do it on the lips.

~~~~~~~~~~

You smile against him as he gently pushes you back and to the side so you are laying on the grass.

"Now sit there and unwind yourself," he says.

"Only if you join me down here." You smile.

Bonnie chuckles and lays down next to you so you scooch up closer to him, with your head right above his shoulder. He holds your hand. You look up at the sky and all of its fluffy clouds.

"Have you ever tried to make images out of clouds before?" you ask.

"No, why?"

"You can try it now."

"Oh." He laughs.

Bonnie looks up at the sky like you are and watches all the clouds slowly moving with the gentle wind. He tries to make just general shapes with them all before even attempting to create pictures, while you are already making tons and pointing every single one out to him. According to you, there are some faces, some animals, and some simple shapes – like hearts – scattered everywhere. Bonnie can see a couple instantly, while with others he has to really look at it to see what you're seeing. He is enjoying every second of it, however, mainly because you are smiling and having fun. At some point, you snuggle closer to him and hug his arm.

"Is this nice for you?" you ask.

"Of course it is muffin. Why wouldn't it be?"

"I don't know." You shrug.

He chuckles softly. "I will always love this kind of time we get together, y/n. Especially since I get to see you smile so much."

"Aw, Bonnie...you're so sweet."

"Not as sweet as my beautiful cupcake."

He gently flicks your nose with one finger as he moves to be laying on his side with a hand propping his head up.

"You're just trying to make me blush now, aren't you?"

"Well, it is working."

You scrunch up your face and squeal before hiding your face in Bonnie's chest. He laughs and puts the arm not holding his head up around you, nuzzling into the top of your head as well. Still with your head pressed up against his chest, you look up back at the bright sky, starting to focus on some birds passing by as Bonnie shifts so he can have both arms around you, with one serving as a sort of pillow for you. You smile and hold him tighter when he lovingly plants some kisses on your head. For you, this is a time to feel protected and loved. For Bonnie, this is a time to feel like the protector and lover. For both of you, this is a time of perfect relaxation and comfort in each other. You both have to cherish these times since it only happens on rare occasions, but, even if they did happen regularly, you would still adore every second because of the charm it gives. Whether that charm will disappear with time is a mystery but it wouldn't stop either of you from enjoying the presence of each other in these conditions so it need not matter. This is the feeling everyone dreams of, and here you are experiencing it so just enjoy it.

This beautiful serenity.

Aw, wasn't that nice ^.^. Just a little break from...like..everything. But yeah, very short chapter. I know. If I can be honest, I am beginning to really stretch myself with this story. I don't want to force myself to write the amount I normally write(2000~ words) because then I start to hate it and I don't want to do that, so please forgive me for the tiny chapter.