Chapter 45: Flashing Sirens

Key:
Y/n = your name
Y/d/n = your dad's name

Bonnie puts his ear up to the door, leading to the rest of the workshop. It sounds like there is nobody out there, which is weird because just yesterday – when he talked with Andrew – the place was buzzing. He opens the door and peeks outside. Empty. Bonnie takes a shaky breath and starts to walk further out, into the workshop, hoping there is at least one person here because he really doesn't want to be isolated. Even though he barricaded himself in the tiny hidden room yesterday, he still knew that there were plenty of people outside so he really didn't feel completely alone, but now... He keeps walking and checking each room, only for eerie silence to greet him. He gets to the front and quickly ducks behind a wall at the sight of people because they aren't from the workshop. Bonnie peers around the corner of the wall so he can look outside through one of the windows. Your dad is outside with a couple of other people. One of them has a microphone and is talking to him, while the other is holding a big camera on their shoulder, pointing it at your dad. Bonnie has no idea what is being said so he just watches. Your dad looks distressed as far as he can tell, and the lady with the microphone keeps moving it from her to him very quickly, while the camera guy just stays still, watching them both through the lens.

~~~~~~~~~~

Bonnie stays hidden, not daring to move closer in fear of being noticed, until he starts to notice a noise coming from a nearby room that he didn't check before. He walks over to it and sticks his head through the open door. Andrew's sitting on a table and watching a television that's showing your dad talking to the lady with the microphone. He turns around to look at Bonnie and merely beckons him over, which he does.

"He's being interviewed by the news people," Andrew says when Bonnie's sitting next to him.

"News?"

"Oh yeah, you haven't watched any T.V, have you?"

Bonnie shakes his head.

"Well, the 'News' is this program where they...spread the news. Anything that's going on somewhere that needs to be publicly known – both good and bad – will be said here. Y/n's kidnapping is one of them, so they're interviewing y/d/n for some information and to tell everyone to give any more info of y/n – like if they see Des or her or any evidence that points to where she might be – to the police to help with the search."

Bonnie nods. "The police have started a search?"

"Yes. We were notified this morning."

Andrew catches the smallest smile from Bonnie as a ray of pure hope strikes him. They both look back at the screen and see a picture of you next to some details about you, as a lady talks over it about when you went missing. Bonnie stares at that image, especially your eyes even though they're looking right through him. He never looks away from that picture until it changes into an image of Des, with details about him and the lady starts explaining how he is the suspected kidnapper. Bonnie huffs at the sight of him. He can barely look at him now that he knows that it's Des's fault that you're gone. There are a couple of shots of your house and the bin before it goes back to your dad, still looking upset. The lady with the microphone asks him more questions, mainly about how he feels about the situation, before the interview seemingly ends and the video changes to two people sitting at a desk of some sorts. They start to talk about it as well and both the image of you and Des pop up behind the two people, as they say how anyone with any information must contact authorities. Bonnie sighs and hunches over as another topic begins on this 'News'.

"You ok?" Andrew asks.

"I don't know." He rubs the side of his face.

Andrew puts a hand on Bonnie's shoulder. "We'll find y/n..."