Chapter 26: It's Fine

Key:
Y/n = your name
Y/d/n = your dad's name

You're woken up by your dad who already has your medication ready which you immediately take once your brain starts running again. You take your inhaler also.

"Don't rush y/n," he says as he leaves you to get up.

You roll over in your empty bed to grab your clothes and get dressed. You do so while hearing your dad repeat over and over to Bonnie that everything's going to be ok which you smile at while thinking of the bond forming. Once ready – sort of – you take another spray and walk out of your room to see your dad eating cereal with an untouched bowl on the opposite side of him and a very nervous Bonnie sitting on the couch with his arms wrapped around himself. You take a seat just as your dad finishes and start to eat. When he looks at you, you motion to Bonnie with your head.

"He's very scared," your dad whispers.

You nod, frowning as you shove another spoon full of cereal into your mouth. Your dad sits there, staring at Bonnie with his head in his hands and occasionally looking at you or his watch until you finish eating. He takes both your bowls away and you turn around to see Bonnie still hugging himself but now just looking out into nothing as a number of things run around his mind. You sigh, getting up and walking over to sit next to him.

"Hey." You nudge his shoulder.

He mumbles, switching from holding himself to holding your arm.

"It'll be ok," you tell him.

He looks at you and then at your dad – who is turned around in the kitchen cleaning dishes – before gently grabbing your face. He kisses you after you take a deep breath and you hold for as long as you can. You separate from him, chuckling slightly and he kisses the top of your head until your dad turns around – even though he knows about the relationship.

"We'll go now if you guys are ready," your dad says.

"Yeah." You get your shoes on.

Bonnie gets up and takes your arm as you open the front door. You step outside – not before getting a blanket to the head courtesy of your dad – and unlock your car, wrapping said blanket around you. You get the keys taken off of you by him as he repeats that he's not letting you drive. Everyone gets into the same seats as before and you comfort your terrified lover while your dad drives to the workshop.

~~~~Boring Car Ride Again~~~~

"It's so weird when it's quiet here," you say.

There still isn't another soul for ages so it's currently only the three of you here.

"Enjoy it while it lasts....actually can you two go into another room for a moment." Your dad looks at the time.

"Why?"

"Well Des is always the second person here and he should be rocking up at any second – there he is."

You hear a car pull up as Bonnie pulls you into a vacant room. Shortly after, the door opens and Des steps in. You can hear everything.

"Hey, boss," he says.

"Hey..."

"How was yesterday with y/n? And Andrew..."

"Good." Your dad crosses his arms. "Look Des, I have to do something."

"What's the 'something'?"

"Something that'll benefit everyone."

Des smiles. "Am I getting promoted? It's about time I'm recognized for the things I do. I can't believe it took so long, you know. I even—"