Chapter 25: Clear The Air

Key:
Y/n = your name

"Maybe you need a walking stick?"

"Shut up."

Your dad laughs as you hobble next to him, gripping his arm for stability.

"Maybe a wheelbarrow, like when you were little?"

"Dad!"

He laughs again as you both reach the car. He unlocks it and helps you in, shoving the inhaler in your face as you start to wheeze.

"As soon as we're done, you are going straight home." He points at you.

"Will Bonnie come?"

He sighs at you and closes the door.

"Honestly!" You say when he gets in the driver's seat.

"I'll see." He puts the small bag of medication in your lap.

You look at all of it as he starts the car and begins to leave the building. It's not a lot, but they might be a bit confusing to keep track of at first since all of them need to be taken at specific times and some need food and then some need specific food. Some then have requirements for after taking the medicine. This was all written down for you as a schedule, starting at 8:00 am and then ending at night, 8:00 pm.

"Think you'll remember?" your dad asks at a red light.

"Yeah."

The way the schedule is laid out and written makes it crystal clear so all you have to do is remember to follow it.

"I'll remind you anyway."

"Of course." You smile.

~~~~Small Time Skip~~~~

"Easy now."

You grab your dad's hand and step out of the car.

"I'm fine."

"Last time you said that you ended up in hospital."

You grumble at his good point and grab his arm again as you both begin to walk to the workshop.

"Hey, my car isn't here!" you mention.

"I already drove that to back your place."

"Oh, ok. Thanks."

You've been consumed by multiple layers of clothing, gloves, a scarf and a blanket so the cold is nothing to you. Your dad opens the doors and steps in with you just behind. He then walks you to that little meeting room.

"Hey, Andrew," he says.

Andrew waves whilst sitting on a bean bag in the back of the room. Your dad walks you over and helps you onto another bean bag just across from Andrew.

"I'll go get Bonnie," he says before leaving.

Andrew looks at you with a smile. "Let's hope this will go well."

"Fingers crossed."

~~~~~~~~~~

Your dad quickly makes his way to Bonnie's room.

"Hey. You're needed," he says with his head sticking through the door.

Bonnie gets up with a slightly worried feeling as to why he's wanted. Your dad wastes no time and grabs his arm once close enough to drag him back to the meeting room, even faster than before. He doesn't slow down until he is right outside the door and halfway into the room. Bonnie then enters and immediately his eyes lock onto you. There you are, wrapped in a blanket with a pure smile on your face. After eight days of not being able to be with you except for that one visit, he has to grab onto a chair to prevent himself from running over and kissing you. You lock eyes with him with the same smile and beckon him over. Your dad kicks a bean bag to be right up next to yours without any space between but then takes the only other one across from it and next to Andrew, meaning Bonnie has to sit mere centimeters away from you. He walks over, very confused, and takes his given seat while staring at your still smiling face.